Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thursday and Ministerial Alliance

I slept well until 3:00 this morning and then I just laid there and could not get back to sleep after that. I got up at 4:00 again.  It's 4:45 now.

I will not be cooking today. I have laundry to do, cleaning to do and the Ministerial Alliance meeting to attend at noon.  Bob is going to take Joanne to Sedan for barbecue at Buck's for lunch. I will try to get some rest this afternoon.

Joanne had to cancel. She has developed some sores in her mouth and she couldn't eat barbecue. Bob just warmed up his hamburger from yesterday.

I need to get some chicken tenders at Country Mart to cook for tomorrow's lunch. I have potatoes and veggies and one cupcake. I need to ask Leslie to bring some ground beef for me at church too. I accidentally got chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders.  Now we will have Parmesan Chicken tomorrow with fried potatoes and a veggie. I still have Bob's salad and if it is still fresh, we will have that.

I also need to renew my electronic subscription to the County Chronicle. Busy, busy, busy.

I got that subscription renewed. Then I went to buy gas and dropped by the Happy Feet but they were not open...even after 10:00. So I gave up and went by Country Mart and bought chicken and a cake mix.

Then I came on back home. I picked up all the plastic bags I had been saving and took them by Genesis. They distribute food to the poor. And then came back home again. I will change my clothes and get ready for the alliance meeting at noon.

Maybe I can find Happy Feet this afternoon.

After the alliance meeting, I just came home and laid down with Missy and took a nap.

After I woke up, the newspaper came and I read that. Scott called and we had a nice visit. It had been awhile since I had heard his voice. He says they are still planning to fly me down there for my granddaughter, Ashley's, graduation from college in December.  That's good! It's taken her awhile since she dropped out once several years ago and lost her dad's GI bill benefit. She has done well and has had to pay for her education herself this time.  Sometimes they appreciate the education more if they have to pay for it.  I don't know how long they will want me to stay this time.

Bob came and watched the news and after he left, I took my bath and watched PBS.

I plan to try to stay up until 9:00 before I go to bed.

No comments: