Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday and a UPS Pickup

I slept well again last night. I will miss exercise class this morning since I am waiting for a UPS pickup today. They are supposed to pick up the package I am returning to Amazon. I hope someone comes.

I will fix goulash for lunch today. It's good weather for such a dish. It's just past 9:00 and only 25 degrees.  The weather is forecast to be very cold all this next week.

I dread winter...mostly because of the cost of my electricity. Last January my bill was $285.  It is to be even colder this year.

I have fed myself and Missy. Missy has nearly finished off all her food already. I may have to give her  a little more.

More later....

I got the goulash done and we ate some of it and the green beans and also finished off Bob's salad. We also had garlic bread. I took some of all that over to Marilyn. She has not been feeling well lately.  She was going to Jeannie's funeral and I had intended to go too but I was still waiting for the UPS pickup. An adult had to be here to give the package to the carrier. He brought the label.

UPS finally came about 2:30 to pick up the package. 

Leslie texted us that the church service and dinner Sunday had been cancelled. It is forecast to be -2 on Sunday and none of us needs to be out in that cold.

I spent the afternoon messing with the computers. Cox fixed three things on the desktop and one on the notebook and then  Bob came over and also  brought the Dell computer. I had Cox fix the desktop and also the notebook. They downloaded the program on the laptop too. The tech tried to fix the laptop so it would not have to be turned on with the power button.  It should be able to be turned on from "sleep" with just the "enter" key.  Keith has always said if we used the start button too much, it would eventually damage it so it would not work. The tech said the product key had not been entered and some of the program needed to make that change was not on the program.

I turned on the TV in time for the news but there was nothing new there. I listened to music this afternoon on Alexia. Finally about 7:00 or so Bob left and then I took my bath and got myself ready for bed. It's 8:15 now so I guess I will go in and watch some TV with Missy before we go to bed at 9:00.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is very cold here as well. Yesterday morning it was 1 degree!

I don't see relief in sight either as I looked over the forecast earlier.

We may see some snow tonight as well. Have a Happy New Year, Margie :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb and the same to you!