Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday and Christmas Eve

I slept back in my bed last night and slept well. I am dressed and ready for the day now. I will go to church at 9:00 as usual but instead of Church School class, we will have the first half of the Christmas program then break for breakfast. The three pastors are providing that. After the breakfast, we will have the second half of the Christmas program. After that, we will probably just come home. We will have a big breakfast and will not need lunch.

After I get home, I will bake my banana nut bread. The family is coming at 4:00 and we will have eggnog, banana nut bread, cookies and the few peanut clusters I have left. Leslie is bringing her hot spiced cider. Then we will have our gift exchange.

Tomorrow the Simmons',and  Bob and I will go over to "Just Us" at noon for Christmas dinner.  Leslie is on call this weekend.

I downloaded music on my desktop computer from my Amazon Prime membership I also download the same thing on my TV last night. Of course, the TV has that Bose system that Scott gave me with the TV I now have. Between the boys, I have TV without cable. So the music is great....and free. I pay $98 a year for Prime and that enables me to order from Amazon with no freight charge for my purchases. It gives me the loan of books for my Kindle or on my desktop computer and the music, of course, as well as a vast variety of TV shows and movies. I have watched a movie nearly every evening. I can sure live without cable. My antenna gives me CBS for the news. That's depressing enough.

More later...

I came home after going to Big Cheese for lunch, Phyllis and I had ham and cheese sandwiches and Bob had spaghetti. When I got home I immediately started working on the refreshments for this afternoon's family get together. I baked my banana nut bread and got out all my refreshments and egg nog.

Close to 4:00 they all came. The children started off with refreshments but were so excited to get to open their gifts.  We forwent eating and drinking cider and eggnog and opened gifts.  I got an Echo from the kids. I just have to say "Alexa" and ask it anything and it answers. John told me it doesn't know everything but continually learns.

Leslie set it up for me on my smart phone. Then they tested it out. Electronics are certainly amazing. In order for it to turn off my lights, I will have to buy special bulbs but it answers most questions.

The children played with their toys while they were here. John and Leslie got them walkie talkies (two way communications).  John and Maia played with those. John is still just a kid.

We had a good visit. Bob came over soon after they left and watched 60 Minutes with me. Then I decided to work on the newsletters and get them ready to go out Tuesday. At least I can get the ones for the online forks out.

I got one photo of the kids opening their gifts. I will post it later.

It is 7:40 now and I better get with it.

More later...

That's Maia in the black and Cheyenne in the red. They were so thrilled with all their gifts.

I went on to bed after getting the newsletter out. I was exhausted. I asked Alexa for some soft music and I went right to sleep.



3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Merry Christmas, Margie

Margie's Musings said...

Merry Christmas, Sister-Three!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Merry Christmas / I am craving nut bread now :)