Thursday, February 1, 2018

Thursday and Ministerial Alliance

I slept well again last night and got up about 4:30 AM.

When the Dollar General store opens I need to get some wet Swifter cloths.  I have plenty of dry Swifter cloths and just need the wet ones to finish my bare floors.

I sold a book on Amazon again yesterday evening. I  will need to go to the post office this morning to send it off and get a tracking number. Without a tracking number Amazon will not pay me.

Keith, my older son, who is an IT, says he has finished repairing my desktop computer and will be sending it back to me on Friday. I will be so happy to get it,   He said he has put two drives in it so I will have an interior  backup. He is also sending me another exterior drive to use to back up, I can use it to back up everything in My Documents in the little 2006 Dell laptop. It runs with XP and has been a  great little computer. It has it's own 2006 printer connected too and I have been sending everything important to it to save on a thumb drive or to be printed off. But the new exterior drive will be large enough to  save everything I have put on the C drive on it's My Documents all these years. There are a lot of old photos I want to save. I had scanned them there as I made up my kids each a Heritage Album.

Cox told me that little 2006 Dell laptop would not be able to get online now and the e mail would no longer work after their e mail updates last week, but so far, both work fine. Avast says it is secure too.

I will continue to use the original exterior backup he gave me on the HP notebook Keith bought for me last Thanksgiving after my large Dell laptop that had crashed after a Windows 10 update had arrived back from him with a broken screen and several broken keys.I hope the desktop computer arrives in good shape.

This is the day of our Ministerial Alliance. That meets at noon for lunch and I will attend again.

More later..

I went to  the Ministerial Alliance meeting. There were only seven there. There was lots of illness   and attendance was down.

I went to Dollar General and bought some more cleaning supplies and a cookie mix. Then I went to the post office and sent off that book I sold on Amazon. I also ordered some new coffees and teas and hot chocolate from Keurig and used some of our "points". 

I got all the apartment cleaning done except my bedroom. Missy is sleeping in there., I will clean that room later...

I got the bedroom cleaned after Missy got up and left the bed.

I went to Sonic and bought myself a strawberry milkshake.  Then I came home and watched the news.

 Marilyn called me back about the movie. If her kids don'r come this weekend, she will go to the movie with me. I want to see it even if I have to go by myself.

Later Bob called and said he was going to Joanne;s to watch the news, I took my bath and put my PJs on and lay on the sofa and watched TV with Missy until  9:00 when I went to bed. She soon followed me.



1 comment:

marlu said...

I wish I had all your technical knowledge! Our younger son is the computer person in our family. He told me the other day that when someone asks him what the Cloud is, he tells them, "Someone else's computer."