Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Wednesday and an Eye Appointment

I slept pretty well last night. I awoke about 12:00 midnight to go to the bathroom and later, about 3:00, the alarm on my phone went off. Why it went off at 3:00 in the morning to tell me about the Lenten Luncheons starting today at noon, is beyond me. Needless to say, I deleted it.

I did get back to sleep...amazingly! I woke up at my usual 5:00 AM and got up and dressed and got ready for my day. I have an 8:00 appointment with my optometrist in Caney. It is raining out there now. I hope it clears up before I have to drive to Caney...20 miles away. I will miss exercises again today. I missed Monday because of my sore rotater cuff. We do a lot of arm rotations and those have aggravated an old injury from the 80's.

I have my chicken breasts in the slow cooker with cream of chicken soup mixed with cream of celery soup poured over them. Later...about 30 minutes before serving it, I will add some sour cream. I will fix some broccoli to eat with it.  I will eat one serving tomorrow and save the other one for Friday. I am trying to use up the meat I have in the frig since I am no longer cooking meals. I have some chicken tenders too. Later I will use those. I also have some ground beef and some beef patties. Then I have some meat I use when I make soup.  I will get that stuff used up and then just eat those single meals I can get at Walmart. 

Tomorrow afternoon I am to take Juanita to her doctor's appointment in Bartlesville.  I hope it is not raining then.

More later...

I went over to Caney for my appointment and it was thick fog and misty rain all the way over there. I did find out what the problem was with my eyes....dry eyes. I got some meds for that and that should take care of my problem.

When I got home I went to the Lenten luncheon at the First Baptist Church.   The lunch was goulash and jello and cake for dessert.  It was o.k and for a three dollar lunch I couldn't complain.

Afterward I came home and read all afternoon and played solitaire on the computer. Tomorrow I will eat one of my chicken breasts. They look like they turned out fine. I will save one of them for another lunch. I will take Juanita to Bartlesville after lunch to get her pacemaker checked out.

Afterward, we will get a milk shake.  That's our regular treat.

This evening I will take my bath and put my pjs on and see what I will watch next on Amazon Prime this evening.

About 9:00 Missy and I will go to bed.

No comments: