Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept well last night and got up shortly before 5:00 AM. I have dressed, eaten and fed Missy. I have even read the County Chronicle online newspaper and forwarded it on to family and friends.

This morning I will clean the apartment and wash both the kitchen and bathroom floors. Then after I have my lunch, I will go back to Independence and pick up Juanita for her appointment with the heart doctor in Bartlesville. They check her pacemaker twice a year. After her appointment, we will stop by the Sonic in Dewey and we will buy a milkshake. We do that after each of her Bartlesville appointments.

It is supposed to be a very nice day by this afternoon.

So, more later....

I have washed the kitchen and bathroom floors and vacuumed every room except my bedroom. Missy is asleep in there on my bed. I won't disturb her. I left the vacuum sweeper out and will do that room  when she is awake and out of the bedroom. It's only 7:40 and all I left left to do except my bedroom is the dusting. I dusted well last week so I may not have too much of that to do this week. I'll check it out.

So, more even later...

I did get my bedroom vacuumed later...after Missy came out of the bedroom. A little later, I took her outside for awhile. Poor thing...she misses getting to go outside. We have so many stray cats in this neighborhood that  I can't let her out alone even on nice days.  She would be hurt. She will be 15 this month.

About my blog...

As far back as the record of my blog goes is to March 31st 2008. But reading it, it is apparent that it had been going on longer that that.  I don't know why I can't access any older of my blog entries. Maybe that was before google had it. Anyhow, I am sure it is older then that.

I left at 12:45 for Independence to pick up Juanita to take her to the heart doctor in Bartlesville. That is a big deal because she is blind.  She needs help and a wheel chair to go just about anywhere. It took an hour altogether just to get into the room where they check her pacemaker. We stopped at Dewey on our way out of town at Sonic and bought a banana milkshake. She was exhausted at the end of the day and I was pretty tired myself. I had cleaned the apartment and gone to Walmart for cranberry/ apple juice and a coffeecake mix before I left to pick her up.

I got home from Independence after taking Juanita home and fed Missy her treats and put our used cups in the trash. In another hour I will take my bath and watch TV on Amazon Prime.

More later again.

I watched some more of Ken Burns' "America" series from PBS. This time it was about Huey Long, Louisana's notorious governor/senator back in the 20's and 30's.  It was before my time so I found it interesting.

I did get ready to go to bed about 8:50. I was very tired after my huge day.

No comments: