Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept very well last night. It was almost 6:00 when I finally got up.  I did get up in the night but got right back to sleep. That's great!

Bob will be driving this morning to church. Phyllis had gone to Overland Park to visit her daughter and grandchildren. We will probably eat at "Just Us" after church.

My daughter texted me yesterday that we have received the new chairs. The new carpet will be laid next week.  We will need to move the pews into the all purpose room after church. The new chairs are there now. I will not be able to help. I am not supposed to lift more then 10 pounds. Those pews are heavy. We still have them for sale and no one has offered to buy them. We only want $50 each for them and they are in pretty good shape. We have ten for sale. Leslie may have to put them on Craig's list.

When I get home from lunch, I will do my newsletters and send them out to the congregation. I usually just have to put two or three in the snail mail. Many of our congregation have e-mail.  That's good since stamps are now .50 each and I buy the stamps.

More later....

It was a good service this morning and afterward we all moved all the pews out of the sanctuary to make rtoom for the carpet people to lay the carpet.

After that Bob A. and I went to "Just. Us" for lunch.

Then he brought me home and I did the congregation's weekly newsletter and got it ready to go out in the morning's mail.   Most I sent out in e-mail.

This evening I watched a show called "Biography" on Amazon. When I got ready to go to bed and turned to put the remote on a table, I accidentally touched one of the buttons on the remote that caused the picture to start to jerk around.  I called Esther for advice as to what to do and she suggested I unplug the Tivo and then plug it back in and see if that will restore the picture and stabilize it. It took awhile for it to reboot but it finally did and that did fix the problem. Thank goodness!

 So about 10:00, Missy and I went to bed. 

4 comments:

Louise said...

Postage stamps are now .50 each here in Covington, Tennessee...ridicious I think!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I agree! That's $50 for a roll of stamps.

marlu said...

Don't you just hate it when you accidentally "touch a button?" I did that a few weeks ago and our tv went completely dark. We tried everything except unplugging and finally Lee did something - we are still not sure what - and we had a picture again.

Too many possibilities for error!

ChuckFu said...

I see your operation went well and take care of your self

Love you Mom