Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday and Cake Baking and Exercises

I slept well last night and until almost 5:00. I woke up once around 2:30 and took my med and a melatonin. That probably helped. After I got up, I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and then myself.

I also started the laundry. Yes, Missy peed on her mat again. It's in the dryer now along with the others. I do those mats at least once a week and sometimes twice.

I will go to exercise class today. Before I go, I will bake my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence. I need to remember to pick up Karan's and that is in the freezer at church.  I don't know if Bob will go with me tomorrow to deliver them or not ...probably not.

More later...

Well, I have my cake in the oven and will get it out about 8:30. ..before I leave for exercise class.  I will ice it when I get home. It will be cool by then.

Missy and I went outside for awhile. I swept off the patio and the carport. Then I watered the potted plants. The flowerbeds still looked damp from last evening's watering.  I will water them again this evening.

I just folded the laundry out. I had washed my washcloths too and my PJs.  The white bathmat  was not quite dry so I put it back in the dryer for 15 more minutes. I will be interested in seeing what the May electric bill will be. I have been air conditioning..... especially at night and of course the dryer is electric too.

More later...

I went to Chanute to visit with Gay. She fixed us lunch.  She got back from her trail ride with ten friends.They had a great fun weekend.  We had a nice visit.

I went by Phyllis F's house and picked up her cake. I was going to get Bob's too but he hadn't baked it yet. I will get it in the morning and drop by the church afterward and get Karan's from the freezer there.

I checked the mail and I had a beautiful Mother's Day card from Keith and Esther. I set it on my server with Leslie's. 

I had better check Missy's litter box now. Sure enough, she had peed on the clean mat under her litter box.I put it in the washer and put a clean one under the litter box.

I just stepped out and took some photos of the "miniature" rose bush. It is at least four feet tall now. But the yellow buds are opening and they are lovely.

I will post them here after the news is over. Here is one view.

 Here's another...

And one more..

Now keep in mind that it's just beginning to bloom but we have rain and hail forecast for tonight and I don't know what it will look like tomorrow. But at least it got to begin to bloom.

More later...

We are forecast for large hail and damaging winds tonight according to Channel 6. 

I took my bath at 7:00 and Missy and I watched a couple of episodes of "Nature". Then at 9:00, we went to bed.

No comments: