Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday After the Storm

We had a lot of wind and rain last night  (my gauge says 4 inches) but I slept through most of it.  I heard it..,but I sleep well in wind and rain.

I got up shortly before 5:00 and got myself ready for the day. I didn't know what to expect from last night's storm. After I ate breakfast and fed Missy, I looked out and sure enough, there was a ton of water on my side of the carport and the entire area was covered with leaves and small branches that had blown in. I spent twenty minutes sweeping off the water but I really need to use the blower to get rid of it. It was just on my side of the carport....strange. I hate to use the blower when my neighbors here are sleeping though so I will wait until I get back from delivering the cakes.

Bob has a meeting this morning so he won't be going to help with the cakes. I will manage.

Missy wanted to go out but when she saw all that water on the carport, she came back in. When I went out to sweep off the patio, she was able to go out for awhile then. I will take some photos of the mess and post them here.




Image may contain: tree and outdoor
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature
And it evidently didn't hurt the rose bush.

So more later....

After I delivered the cakes and got my hair done, I came on home and got my car washed. After last night's storm, it was a mess.  I need to vacuum it out too. I will take the old vacuum sweeper out to the carport and do that now.

I went out to church on my way home from Independence and printed off the bulletins. That's done now.

I need to decide what I want to lunch and whether I will eat out today. I have food in the freezer so I should just eat that.

So...more later...

I ate my frozen Chicken Parmesan from Walmart $1.88.  But it was pretty good. Later I went to get a mini sonic blast.

When I got home, I set up the blower and cleaned off the drive. When I finished, I was exhausted so Missy and I went out on the patio and enjoyed the nice evening. The Schwan's man came and I paid for my order. and put it away and then we went back out for awhile. We are both tired so I am going to take my bath and we will try to stay up until 9:00 before we go to bed.

By the way, I tried one of my Gold 'N Nugit bars from Schwan's ...very good.

No comments: