Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept poorly last night and awoke at 2:30 to go to the bathroom.  I took my melatonin too but it did not work this time. Finally at 3:30, I just got up. No since just lying there when my shoulder hurts. I came into the den and read the Chronicle. It's 4:00 AM now and I will soon dress and get ready for my day. I want to wash my sheets and the dirty bath mats that Missy peed on this week. They are in the washer now. Then I will clean the apartment like I do each Thursday.  I had better have a quiet day today. I will be very tired if I get everything done I want to get done.

More later...

It's 5:45 now.

I have the first load of laundry in the dryer and the sheets in the washer. I have dressed and done my makeup and are ready for the day. I am not sure what I will do for lunch. Depending how I feel after I finish my cleaning, I may go up to Kansas Buffet. Or I do have some dinners in the freezer I could microwave. I will make that decision after I finish the housework.

More later...

It's 8:15 now and I have done the floors and the carpet and started the dusting. I have also remade the bed after the sheets were dry.

I am resting now. The sweeper Leslie bought for me really does a great job. There's always a ball of cat hair as large as my fist to empty.  And I vacuum every Thursday.  That's phenomenal! I still can't move the sofa out since it weighs more then 15 pounds. Sometime when Bob or Leslie and John are over here, I will ask one of them to move the sofa out from the wall so I can vacuum back there. Missy sometimes goes back there too and I am sure she sheds there too.  There may be 5 years worth of cat hair back there.

After lunch....

I had my sweet and sour chicken for lunch and afterward had one of my Schwan's ice cream bars for dessert. I need to go to Brahms and get milk and yogurt this afternoon. I am out of milk altogether.  I will need it for tomorrow's breakfast oatmeal.

I went over to Brahms and bought yogurt and milk. Now I am fixed for the weekend.  I saw Dennis, my nephew, there. He spoke briefly. But rushed on in to the Brahms store.

I visited some with Maurine today. She is my neighbor to the east at the apartments next door. We sat on her patio for awhile and then she had to go in. Then she walked down while Missy and I were outside and we visited awhile again about my flowers.  She wanted to see the potted ones in front. The sun was so hot and she is so fair that once again, she needed to go in. She is 86 years old and very frail.

After the mail came I read some more of my book. I am very tired as I have cleaned and done the laundry, remade the bed and even watered the flowers. It is 3:00 now and I cannot read anymore. I have the sermon on Sunday so maybe I had better go over my material.

More later...

Vic brought me two quarts of strawberries from Stillwell Oklahoma. He went down there this morning and picked them. I took some of them to Maurine. She had not had any strawberries this year yet and I could not eat two quarts by myself. I did have a fruit dish of them this evening. It was good of him to think of me. He would not take anything for them. He just gave them to me. He took some to Wayne too...Wayne is my neighbor that will be 97 on Sunday. Vic had the entire back of his SUV loaded with quarts and quarts of strawberries he had picked this morning down at Stillwell.

At 7:00 I will take my bath and watch some more "Nature" episodes on Amazon Prime TV. I will try to make it until 9:00 this evening before I go to bed..

No comments: