Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday and Mother's Day

I slept fairly well last night....probably because I took a melatonin tablet in the middle of the night. It was almost 5:00 AM when I finally got up.

I have dressed for church and fed myself and Missy and even went outside for awhile. I have read the newspaper and done the crossword puzzle too. I took the paper over to Marilyn's mailbox.

I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday afternoon.  I used some of Keith's money to do that. Then this morning I painted my own fingernails too. That's my celebration for Mother's Day. The kids posted a photo of all of us that was taken on my 80th birthday party. It's good of all of us so they used it.

Here it is:

.Image may contain: Keith Miller, Scott R Miller, Leslie Brooks and Margie Miller, people smiling, people sitting

It's a pretty good photo of all of us.  I have such great kids! I especially think about that when I visit someone like the Nancy I visited on Friday. She only has one child, a son, and he's just too busy to call her. If she wants to talk to him, she says she has to make the call. My boys call nearly every week and I see Leslie at church most Sundays. She takes care of my cell phone cost and takes me to Kansas City when I go to see my doctor or have my surgery. Every once in a while she will call and we will go to Bartlesville together. She also takes me to Tulsa to catch my planes when I fly somewhere.

Bob A. is going to come by to pick me up for church this morning. Phyllis F. is gone. She went to Overland Park to see her daughter and her family for Mother's Day. Bob has baked the coffeecake today. I baked the banana nut bread last week when he was gone to Joanne's family reunion with her.

More later....

He came about 9:00 and picked me up. On the way to church Joanne called but he hit the wrong Bluetooth button and accidentally hung up. When we got to church, he called her back.  Her garage door wouldn't open and she was going to miss church. She and her daughter, Nancy, attend the Assembly of God. There is usually a rod that hangs down on the inside that you can pull in such an emergency.



Image may contain: indoor
These cards and gifts were given to me for Mother's Day. The little fan with orange handle was made for me by my youngest great during her Sunday School class and given to me afterward.

Leslie brought me the very cute mug for Mother's Day and two real cute cards.  The service was neat and not just on the theme but also celebrating Mother's Day. We all brought photos of our mothers and gave little testimonies of them.

He left church early to go try to help Joanne with her garage door. Leslie and John took me to lunch at Eggbert's in Coffeyville. They had the little girls too and also Becky came. The lunch was very good.I had the Honey Chicken Salad . That included a very good muffin., chicken salad and fruit. I ate it all.  The restaurant was packed. Leslie was on call and had to go over to the hospital at 2:00 so John brought me home. He had the girls too.

About 3:30 I went by our Sonic and had a mini sonic blast with Reeses. It is my favorite treat.  I saw Bob there in the drive through. He must have been getting a hot dog or something. He spends a great deal of time over at Joanne's. But evidently they are both needing the companionship.

It's almost 5:00 now. At 6:00 I will turn on 60 Minutes. After that is over, I will take my bath and put my PJs on and watch something on Amazon Prime.

Missy and I usually go on to bed when that is over.


3 comments:

marlu said...

A great picture! Good looking "kids" and mom. And everybody has a nice smile!

Galla Creek said...

What makes the picture so good is everyone is smiling. We have two great girls and 5 grands that are a joy.
I hear of some children and shiver. Larry knows a man that moved to Florida to get away from his son. He was afraid of him.
He spent 20 years in The navy and had a great retirement and then he became addicted to drugs. No one can help him because he doesn't want help. What a waste of humanity. We are both lucky.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, we are! Thanks for visiting here Marlu and Sister -Three!