Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday and a Scorcher

I slept until 5:00 this morning and only woke up twice to go to the bathroom. And I took another Aleve. My arm is not hurting now. That stuff is miraculous. I got myself ready for the day and fed myself and Missy. It was only about 80 degrees this morning so I took her out for about an hour. I watered my flowers and cleaned the weeds out and later played some solitaire on my phone.  Finally I brought her back in. She was very cooperative this morning...no trouble to speak of at all. She went almost down to Maureen's at one time when I was busy and I did have to go tell her to come back.I clap my hands at her. She hissed and spit at me but she gets the message......but what else is new?? From then on she was fine. She is in on my bed taking a nap now.

It's supposed to get up in the high 90's today..... again.

I had to get new lenses for my glasses this week. It had been years since they were updated...if ever. In fact, the frames are no longer being made.  I take my contacts out in the evening before my bath and wear my glasses until I got to bed. Just those lenses were $340. I have the invisible bifocal. That may be what drove up the price.  I will pick them up after I get home from camp. I leave the 7th for our family camp and will be gone a week. That's something else that has gone up. I go each year and last year it was $150. for the week. This year it is $225. And my auto insurance is due this next month too...on the 17th. There's always something!

I noticed my kitchen clock had stopped so I climbed up to take it down and change out the battery. Then I started my potato salad for tomorrow's cookout at John and Leslie's house after church. I have it chilling in the frig now. I hope it turns out well. It's been a while since I have made it.

More later...

I went over to the Dollar General store  and bought some freezer bags for Missy's litter contents.  I set one on a window sill and use it to pick up her wet litter. That works. When the bag is full I put it in the trash. I flush her bowel stuff. :) (I couldn't spell feases)

Rick and Carmen move next Tuesday into the house they bought here. I have no idea what sort of new neighbor I will get next door. These kids have been so neat! I am badly spoiled. Etta is having an auction on Monday. It was her house they bought.

I couldn't think of anything to have for my lunch. I just had an ice cream bar. Maybe I will think of something later.

More even later...

I watched a special about the life of Johnny Carson this afternoon. It was on Amazon Prime. It was very interesting. My Bob always liked to watch his show when he came home from work when he was working the evening shift.  At the time, I couldn't understand why. Maybe it was because I had two kids 23 months apart and another three years apart from the second one and was always tired. Who knows.

It's a little after three and I guess I will eat my last Yogurt.

So more even later...

Missy and I watched a couple of episodes of "Cheers" and afterward went on to bed at 9:00. .

No comments: