Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tuesday and not a Hair Day.

Tomorrow at 8:00, I will get my hair cut and done in Independence. Afterward I will go over to Juanita's and balance her checkbook. Usually I go on Tuesdays to get my hair done but Kathy forgot I would be gone last week and filled the time on Tuesday this week. She will work me in Wednesday.

I slept pretty well last night but decided to wash my sheets and the other laundry this morning and while at it, I decided to take the foam pad out from under my mattress pad and see if the bed will be more comfortable that way. I will offer it to Kenny, next door. Dr. Sandu has a lot of furnished rentals that he uses for the refinery "turn around" workers. This has been under my mattress pad all these years and is clean.

I don't have a plan for today. I may finish the vacuuming I didn't get done yesterday...my bedroom and the dining room. Right now, Missy is patiently waiting for her breakfast so I will get back to this later...

Both she and I had our breakfast and then we went outside to take care of my flowerbeds. She wandered about and ate some grass. Finally, we came back in and she went in and crawled up on my bed and took a nap. While she was asleep,  Bob came over and he stayed a n hour and we visited and caught up on one another's news.

I also asked him if he would mind taking care of Missy if I decided to go to church camp in July. It is scheduled for July7th through the 13th. He said that would be no problem. I may go then. There are no local services on July 8th. Bob's birthday is July 12th so I don't know if he would come over to the campgrounds and bring Joanne that Sunday or not. I will ask him though.

I will call Nancy and see if she is busy today. We might go to Bartlesville. I need to take my glasses over to Dr. Birch's to have the lenses updated.

So, more later....

I took my glasses over to Caney to Dr. Birth's office to have new lenses put in them. They had never been updated all these years.  I dropped by Nancy's but she was not home. I went on to Bartlesville anyhow and ate lunch at McCalister's. Then I went to Famous Footwear and bought a pair of sale navy blue sandals.  Also, I found a summer purse at Goodys on sale from $63.00 to $21. and change.  Then I bought gas and came on back home.

I got home just before the storm hit. It thundered and lightning and rained hard for an hour and I sat out on the carport and enjoyed the storm.then came on in and watched some episodes of "Cheers" and "Frazier" before taking my bath and going on to bed. Missy soon joined me.




No comments: