Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Quiet Saturday

This will undoubtedly be a quiet Saturday. Maybe I can get further into my book.

I slept well last night. I woke up once, took my meds and an Aleve for my aching right shoulder and a melatonin tablet. Then I got right back to sleep. Missy curled up next to me and I didn't wake up until after 5:00AM...a good night's sleep at last.

I have dressed, fed myself and Missy and got myself ready for the day. When it got light enough I took Missy out for awhile. It had been raining out there and was pretty cool but Missy was ready to come back in when she noticed everything was moist and chilly.

She is lying here where I usually keep my computer table.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

I don't have a thing planned for today except to read. I am trying to plow myself through this "A Farewell to Arms"...Hemingway's most famous book. So far I am struggling with it.  It drags at this point and I am on page 75.  It had better pick up or I will not have much to say about it at the book discussion.

I have sporadic TV this morning.  It tears from time to time but I have been able to get the gist of the CBS news when it works.  Streaming to my computer has been just as sporadic lately. A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Cox to see what it would cost to get a better signal.  They told me I would need a better modem and router and I told them to forget it. From then on the signal got worse.  I hate to think they would slow it down to retaliate but when you are dealing with big business...anything is possible. Capitalism is greed driven.

More later...

I finished my book and went to get my bath early. Missy and I watched TV on Amazon Prime until 9:00PM when we both went to bed. 

A rather dull day.

3 comments:

clairz said...

My husband has been having a shoulder issue for almost a year--a tiny tear somewhere in there (non-operable), degenerative arthritis, and chronic pain. He has found that capsaicin ointment applied at bedtime is a great help. Just thought I'd mention it.

ChuckFu said...

the ripping and tearing of the video has nothing to do with cox, that is your signal from the antenna, is weak

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I know, Keith. I have tried and tried to turn the antenna to get a better picture but for some reason it is just terrible most of the time. I also have trouble most of the time streaming the news to my computer. I know that is the router and perhaps the modem. I know cox told me if I I got a stronger signal, I would have to get a new modem and router.

When I first got the antenna last fall, I had a good picture on CBS but after that wind storm last spring, it has been mostly off.