Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday and More Packing

I slept well again last night and didn't wake up until 4:45AM. I lay there awhile until 5:00AM and then got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day and will have breakfast soon.  I was so tired last night that I slept like the dead. :)

Now this morning, I find I have a very sore finger on my right hand and it is swelled. I will take some Aleve and maybe it will clear up. This is not time to have a problem with my hand. My fingers on that hand are very stiff this morning.

I plan to go back to Independence this morning after I load up the car. I want to get some more bankers boxes at their Walmart. I will hope they still have some. Then from there I will go over to Caney and unload. I will put these boxes that I am taking over, in the clothes closet. The shelf closet is full right now.

I'd better get my breakfast. So more later...

Some of you have asked about a photo. Here it is.

Image may contain: sky, house and outdoor

I am to be on the right side. My daughter and her husband brought the boxes of books.... 23 of them over this afternoon while Nancy and I were working in the apartment. I will go back tomorrow with my china and crystal and put it away after my hair appointment in the morning at 9:00AM.  My daughter and son-in-law have bought me a washer and dryer from Lowe's and they are delivering it tomorrow afternoon. Then my son-in-law and daughter will come and hook everything thing up.

I packed all morning this morning and went out to the blind and drapery place to see if they could do a bamboo blind for me but at 10:00AM they still were not open so I went on up to Independence and bought some more banker boxes to put my china in. then went on over to Caney and took my six boxes in and the spring and summer tops. I hung up the tops in the smaller closet. Tomorrow when I go, I will take my crops and hang them in the closet under the tops.

Nancy and I went to lunch at Eggberts and afterward, we unloaded to the boxes of cleaning supplies and put them away in the cabinets over where the washer and dryer will go.

Then I came home and began packing again. I am working on the kitchen now. I still have the closets  to do. I have ten days until I move and they move the furniture. It is 7:30PM and I haven't stopped yet but I am going to take my bath and watch some TV. At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed. I am very tired. 

4 comments:

clairz said...

It's so nice to hear that you'll have a washer and dryer. That was the only drawback to the new place that I could see--I worried about you having to drag everything back and forth to a laundromat. What wonderful and thoughtful kids you have!

Galla Creek said...

Oh, it is such a lovely home. You will make it even nicer.

Nancy said...

It looks like a very nice home. Happy for you!

Margie's Musings said...

I am delighted folks! It is going to be really pretty when I get my furniture in there too.