Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thursday and the Bloodmobile

I slept well last night. I got up early and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I had my oatmeal,  juice and Chai. I feel pretty good this morning. It rained last night but I got my car packed before it began. I will be so glad to be able to work from a garage when I get moved. I am so tried of wading through water every time it rains. And I am so tired of tons of leaves every fall.

When it gets light I will take off for Caney. I want to get these boxes over there and even unpacked if possible, before I have to leave to come back to Coffeyville to work at the Bloodmobile. I will have to leave Caney at 11:15AM to be back to Coffeyville by 11:45PM. My shift is until 3:00PM.

Then I will come back here to this apartment and pack some more. I have saved all the Viva paper towels I used to pack the fragile stuff and will use them over time. I still have the rest of the luggage and that dining room closet to do. Of course, I still have the clothes from the fall/winter closet too. This morning I also want to unload the bathroom boxes in the new apartment. All I have left here are the things I am using every day. I do still have the little bit of stuff I am leaving here to do my cake next Monday....a mixing bowl, measuring cup, the mixer, oil, the eggs in the frig and I need to get a cake pan before then. I will probably have to buy icing for the cake. I think I am out.

I also will move the food in the frig and freezer and the canned goods in the lazy Susan before the last minute. I will get that moved on Monday. The big move is Thursday. They open at 8:00AM at the U Haul place so I hope the kids will begin early. It's $75. a day for the van alone.

More later....

I got over to Caney by the time it got light and stayed until  10:15AM and put things away. Then I brought all those empty boxes home.

I found out what happened to my mail. The have a central processing system that automatically sorts the mail now and it takes a week or so before they get that change made.  They processed the change on the 10th, the postmaster here said but it takes a week to 10 days for that to happen. That's why I have not had any mail since the 10th. That means no newspapers except the Chronicle, which is online or I wouldn't have it.

I got back here in time to do the bloodmobile and just got home when Bob came and asked me for my key to his apartment. He had locked his door key in his apartment when he left this morning. He just called and said he got in and he will give that key to Joanne. I will be in Caney and Joanne will have a key and Denise has a key so he can reach someone local if he needs help sometime.

I saw one of my classmates at the Bloodmobile and she had given her son her computer and did not receive the newsletter. So I will print one off for her and get it in the mail.

So more later...

I did that and then I packed another 16 boxes of stuff. I still have that closet in the dining room. I may donate some of that to the Presbyterian church. They have a thrift shop on Thursdays. I should have done that today because next Thursday is my move.

I have packed the groceries and all I have left in food here is in the frig and freezer. I will do that at the last minute. I left my oatmeal and breakfast bars. So mainly, it is my dining room closet and the fall and winter clothing in the den. Saturday I will finish the dining room closet and perhaps move most of the fall and winter clothing over to the new place.

Tuesday we have cakes to take to Independence and I left my cake mix, bowl, icing and mixer here to bake mine on Monday. Then I still have eggs in the frig. I kept the oil and the measuring stuff here too. Phyllis and Bob and Karan can bring me the cakes this next week.  I will still be here.

It's after 6:00PM and I want to take my bath and watch TV. I am very tired. I emptied 12 boxes this morning and filled 16 this evening.  I am making good progress! I will go to bed at 9:00PM for sure. I hope I can stay awake while I watch TV this evening. :)


No comments: