Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday and My Hair Appointment

I slept poorly last night after 2:00AM. I was thinking about too many things. I think, for instance, that I had better have the water turned on today over at the new apartment. The kids are coming this afternoon to hook up my new washer and dryer and the city of Caney wants to be there when they turn the water on to check that there are no water leaks. This might be the correct time to do that. Also, as I was packing the china yesterday evening, I noticed it has a fine film of dust on it and I should rinse it off and dry it as I put it away. I will check that out.

Then I have received no mail since I turned in the change of address over at Caney, last week. I haven't even received my newspapers...let alone any bills. I have a notion they disregarded that I was to wait until the 24th for the mail to be changed. I made a point of telling the clerk that but there's a glitch somewhere...that's for sure. I will check out the mailbox over at Caney and see if my mail is there. I went up to the Journal last evening at 4:00PM and picked up a Journal but I didn't get the Reporter either. Strange! So I had that on my mind.

I will take the china over there today after my hair appointment and also my summer crops. While I am there, I want to go through the summer clothes in that closet and weed out the stuff I am not wearing. No sense storing it.  I also want to make a list of several things that need taking care of at that apartment. I noticed several of the door stops...the ones with the little rubber heads...no longer have the little rubber heads. Then there needs to be carpet strips put down in the doorways or someone is going to trip on that carpet in those doorways. Nancy and Leslie noticed that yesterday. Also I need to see if Steve will change the direction of the refrigerator doors so they open toward the kitchen and not toward the dining area. He may not know how to do that but I will ask.

I need to get over to Pittsburg and Home Depot and check out a bamboo blind for that den window. I want to get that up before we move on the 24th. Maybe I can go Saturday if the weather holds and it doesn't snow again. . Gay is coming Friday if the weather allows that.

More later....

I have spent the past hour and a half packing in the kitchen and I am far from finished.  I still need to go over to Dollar General and get a few things. I need more labels for one thing and also at least three rolls of those soft Viva paper towels to pack the rest of the crystal in. And as soon as Steve opens just after 9:00AM I want to get some more bigger boxes if he has any. But my hair appointment is at 9:00AM and I will go there first! Dollar General should be open now and I will go there first! I have eight more boxes ready to go now. I doubt I can take them all. I will put the china and crystal in the back seat and the Corning Ware and odds and ends in the trunk.

So more even later....I'd better load the car.

I got over to Caney and unloaded my car and starting putting things away.  That's what I did after I got there at 10:00AM. I had all those kitchen  boxes unloaded and put away by 1:30PM.I went out to Sonic Drive In and bought a Wacky Pack (child's order) and ate that. It was after 1:30PM and I was very hungry. I had eaten breakfast at 5:00AM.  Then I stayed and waited for Lowe's to come with the washer and dryer. They got there about halfway through the afternoon. It is really nice! Steve and Suzanne came too and they painted the bathroom. Steve also lit the hot water tank. I had the water turned on because I thought John and Leslie intended to come later that afternoon and set up the washer and dryer. I guess I misunderstood. Anyhow,  I stayed an hour or so and visited with Steve and Suzanne and watched them paint. Then I came on home.

When I got home I started packing again. I had brought those ten boxes home so I repacked and relabeled them. I packed 3 boxes of  my everyday dishes, 2 shoe boxes of spices and couple of shoe boxes of wine glasses, some glass bowls,  and two boxes of Corning Ware. I will take those over tomorrow and unpack them and put them away. Also I will get the bathroom stuff unpacked and in those cabinets.

Leslie checked on the price of the bamboo shade I want to put in the den. I can get it at Owasso at Home Depot. It will be a little expensive but that's what I want in the den. I will move the valance in the den here to the bathroom there and the one over my bamboo shade in the living room here over the one I will put in the den there. I also need to get a shower curtain.

We have a week and two days before the actual move! And then Cox will come out that next day and hook up my internet and my TV.

I am going to watch a little TV and then take my bath and go to bed at 9:00PM. I am very tired.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I can tell how excited you are to get into your new place. I'm happy for you. In the previous picture you showed it looks really nice and well kept.

Margie's Musings said...

It is Susie! If you read the rest of today's blog you will see that they got my washer and dryer delivered today too.