Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday and More Packing

I slept pretty well last night. I went to bed at 8:00PM. I simply could not stay awake. It had been a huge day. I was up early this morning and finally rested after having put away much of the kitchen stuff over there. And of course John and Leslie had bought me a new washer and dryer ( 👌) and Lowe's delivered that half way through the afternoon. I came home after that and started repacking those boxes and worked until bedtime.  I have had my breakfast and coffee and Chai this morning and packed 14 boxes in all. I will take some of them over there today and the rest tomorrow early. I had promised to help at the Red Cross Bloodmobile on (tomorrow) Thursday from 11:15AM until 3:15PM so I must get something done tomorrow morning. I will have to go over to the apartment very early.

On Friday, Gay is coming if the weather holds up. We will meet at Anna Mae's in Independence and have lunch and afterward go over to Caney to see the apartment.

Last night while I was mulling all this over, I made a decision. Leslie checked on the cost of a bamboo shade for that den room and we will order that at Home Depot. I have decided to use some of that money Dean sent me to order Roman blinds for that apartment. It only has six other windows and yesterday Suzanne told me she will have to replace one of the living room blinds that is broken.  Instead, I will buy Roman blinds and ask Leslie to help me install them. They are simple to install and I could do it myself if I didn't have to climb on a ladder to do it. I will measure the windows today when I take another 10 of those boxes over and tomorrow morning put away the rest of the kitchen and all of the bathroom stuff.

If I am going to load my car again, I have better get with it.

I got all but three boxes in the car and also took my spring/summer clothing.  I have a little bit in the kitchen yet to pack.  Then I will need to start on my luggage in the bedroom closet and the fall/winter clothing in the den closet. The the big job begins. That dining room closet! It is full of Christmas decorations and other odds and ends I have collected. I may have to just de-junk it. I will see how much storage I will have after I put everything away in the new apartment. It's too dark to leave now at 7:05 AM so I will just watch the news until it gets light.

More later this afternoon....

I went over as soon as it got light and starting putting everything away. About 9:00AM or so, Nancy came by to see if I wanted to go to Eggberts for breakfast. She was better today and she was hungry. Her stomach was upset again yesterday. I am concerned that she seems to periodically have either an upset stomach or diarrhea.  Anyhow we had breakfast. I wasn't going to have lunch and I figured breakfast would be better for me anyhow. While we were on our way home, John called and before I could get to the phone he hung up and left me a message. He was at the apartment and was going to install the washer and dryer. When we got back to the apartment he was waiting for us. I continued to put stuff away while he worked and later Steve and Suzanne came and did a little more touching up on the paint behind the bathroom door.  John finished installing the washer and dryer.

I came home about 1:00PM and repacked some more stuff in the boxes I brought home. Then I decided to take a break and go to Bunco out at Asbury Village. I won "most losses". Then at 3:30PM, I came home from there. I will pack some more and load the boxes I pack back into my car.

I will take those boxes over to Caney as soon as it is light out tomorrow. I go to Independence on Friday at 11:30AM to meet Gay for lunch at Anna Mae's and then we will drive back to Caney because she wants to see the apartment.

Hopefully, Leslie will be home sometime after 6:00PM and can order my blinds. I will charge them on my Amazon card and then pay it off after the move. In the meantime, I will pack some more.

So, more later....

Leslie called when she got home from work at 6:30PM. She figured the cost of all the blinds from Home Depot and they came to a lot more then the ones from Penney's that I bought for this apartment...primarily because those windows are strange sizes and these are standard. So I probably will just keep the mini blinds that are up now and perhaps put valances over them. Dean just gave me $400. for Christmas and I would need $300. more to buy the Roman blinds I want for the rest of the apartment windows. I thought about charging them on my Amazon Credit card and paying them out and I may do that yet after I am in the apartment for a month and see what my actual expenses are. But for now, we only ordered the large bamboo shade for the den room. It doesn't have anything covering that large window.  The bamboo shade won't be in until the middle of February either. But Leslie will help me install it then.


1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your new washer and dryer makes your new apartment even more perfect. How sweet of Leslie and John to get them for you. It will be so much more convenient and safer for you to have a washer and dryer right there.