Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday and Another Two Trips

I slept pretty well last night although I got up early again. I have had my breakfast and got myself ready for the day. So far, it hasn't snowed. It was forecast for last night but so far it has missed us.

It will be daylight at 7:30AM and even though we are under a wind advisory, I will make another trip to Caney to unload my car and put away what I can. I am down to the stuff I will store now, except for decorative accessories but I can't do anything with them until the furniture comes on Thursday. I will just stack the boxes in the summer closet and wait to get settled until Friday and all next weekend. Cox will come to hook up my internet and cable on Friday. I hope that goes smoothly. I will spend the next weekend putting the stuff back in the curio cabinets and hanging pictures, mirrors and decorative accessories. I am sure to be very busy. Besides, I have the sermon on Sunday next week.

When I get back here after 10:00AM, I will go over to Steve's and try to get some more of his boxes. The 30 file boxes I have are all used until I unload them after the furniture comes on Thursday.

So, more later...

I went back over at 7:30AM and got there at 8:00AM and did what I could and came back home and loaded up the rest of them...all but the Christmas decorations, and went back over. I did what I could there too. Then I met Nancy for lunch at Eggberts and then after I took her home, I came back home and loaded up the Christmas decorations. I will take those over in the morning. I hope there is space in the attic to store them. I am out of space in the apartment.

They have cancelled church tomorrow due to the exceedingly cold weather. It was 21 degrees this morning and has not warmed up all day. It tried to spit snow this morning but so far, it has not succeeded this time.

I will go over to Steve's now and see about more boxes.

More later...

I couldn't do that. I had my car full of boxes to take to Caney tomorrow. Steve will be open on Sunday and I will go by tomorrow afternoon. I still need to pack the stuff in that little container on the carport. The kids will bring over that container as well as my lawn chairs and the little cart Keith and Esther bought me for Christmas. I gave Betty my flower containers and the racks they set in.  She will take them to the lake house and plant some flowers in them.

Right now, it is after 8:00AM. I will work here awhile and then go on to bed about 9:00PM. I am very tired.

4 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Mom when cox comes talk to them about using their CableCARD it slides into the back of the Tivo and that way you don't have to rent their DVR

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, son. I will do that. Are you sure they have a cable card?

ChuckFu said...

yup plugs into the back of the TiVo, and TivO is compatible with Cox

Margie's Musings said...

Great!