Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday and Company's Coming

I slept pretty well last night but probably because I took another Benadryl capsule. I woke up once in the night coughing and I dug out some cough medicine I had had for awhile.  It seemed to work. I went right back to sleep and slept until 6:00AM when I got up and stripped the bed and remade it with my other set of sheets. Then I washed those sheets. They are in the dryer now.

I have dressed and had my breakfast. I still have the cough but it's not as bad as it was.

John and Leslie came by last night after I had had my bath and was in my PJs and robe.  They had been to Bartlesville and eaten out at the Japanese restaurant there. Then they had gone to Lowe's and bought Miracle Grow for their flowerbeds. They brought me by two bags. After Dean is gone, I will work that into my flowerbed and then after the women's retreat next weekend, I will go to the nursery and buy my flowers and get them planted.  I also want to get some flat pavers and extend my little patio a bit larger so I can put my yard chairs out there and sit this spring and summer.

It's 7:10AM now and I have had my breakfast and will go watch the weather. I have a 10:00AM hair appointment this morning in Coffeyville and I will go out to Walmart and perhaps buy those pavers. I also want to get some bread. I seldom eat bread but with Dean here, I may want to fix french toast. I will stop by Walmart's deli and get some shaved ham too for sandwiches at noon. I also have some canned Amy's tomato bisque soup we could have with cheddar cheese for one lunch.  That's my plan anyhow. I also want to get some of that Lipton's tea Leslie had at Independence, Missouri last week.

My dryer is finished now so I will take a break here and fold those sheets and put them away.

More later...

I got the sheets folded and put away and am drinking my Chai now.  I watched the local on the 8's weather and they are forecasting rain and possible storm this afternoon. I hope that won't deter Dean but if I were him, I would cancel rather then take a chance on getting hail damage on my car.

More later...

I took my broom, dustpan and rake out and cleaned up the leaves, etc, from behind my hedge. It looks so much neater now.  It's 9:00AM now and I think I will go on over to Coffeyville and get my groceries first. Then after I get my hair done, I can just come right back home before the weather changes and it rains.

I just got into my car and barely out of town when Roger called me to ask if he should order me some of the new contacts. When I answered him I realized I had very little voice. I have my annual laryngitis.  What poor timing! Here Dean will be coming this afternoon and I will be hardly be able to talk. I have chewed gum all morning hoping to urge my voice back.

I went out to Walmart first when I got back to Coffeyville and bought the groceries I needed for  lunches here with Dean. I also bought some bread so I could make french toast for breakfasts. Then I went on to get my hair done. And it really needed it! I had mowed both Monday and Tuesday and so it was a mess! And today, we have wind. I needed to get some gas while I was out but with the wind blowing the way it is, I did not want to get out in it. So I have four gallons left and if I need gas, I will stop here at Casey's in Caney and get it later.

More even later...

I fixed myself a hamburger for lunch. It is 2:10PM and Dean is still not here. He did tell  me it would be late afternoon before he got here. But he didn't check in with me to confirm everything today. I have not wanted to leave the house because I don't know when to expect him. So I have been puttering.

He will come when he comes.

I heard from Dean. In order to avoid the storm warnings he is coming in the morning instead.

I read all afternoon and then we had the tornado warning and I went and sat in the closet with the radio and a sofa pillow for awhile. Nothing developed though so I finally went on and took my bath and went on to bed.

No comments: