Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday Laundry and More Rain

I slept very well last night and surprisingly enough, I had forgotten to take my melatonin. Maybe I will try to get along without it and see how that goes.

I did get up at 5:00AM as usual.  I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee and even the Chai.

I checked my bank account and e-mail too. Next weekend is that trip to Branson with the seniors from the senior center. We will watch a music show while we're there. Karan is driving and I imagine the four of us will go in on the gas. I am a little leery of her driving. She talks all while she's driving and tends to stray from the center of the lane. But she does have GPS on her car and so she won't get lost.

Next week is also the weekend of the rent payment on the 1st. Suzanne will undoubtedly take Alice and me to the Copan Cafe truck stop for pie and coffee. That's when we pay her our rent.

I am so glad I got the front yard mowed yesterday afternoon. Rain is back in the forecast for today. Maybe I will be able to mow the back on Sunday afternoon. We have a 70% chance of rain today again. And 20% tomorrow and 50% on Sunday.

I also want to finish my vacuuming today. I got everything vacuumed yesterday except half the living room and the dining room. I will do the laundry and my towels that I have in the basket too.

More later...

My cousin's daughter, Tricia, just called. She and her dad, Everett, will be in Coffeyville on  Sunday and they want to meet with us (Bob and me) that afternoon after they finish decorating the graves there.

Bob and I plan to eat in Coffeyville at Coffeyville's El Pueblo restaurant after church and then meet them around 2:00PM or so at Eggberts for coffee. They usually visit with us about 30 minutes every Memorial Day weekend. We plan to meet and visit at Eggberts after we have an earlier dinner. It's always good to see them every year. Everett has sold his house and moved further east of where he has lived all these years...after being flooded twice.  I want to get his new address. We always send one another Christmas cards.

It's 10:30AM now. I wonder if the rain will continue off and on. I would like to go down to Hobby Lobby at Bartlesville if the rain stops long enough. I have one more gift to buy as a prize for Bunco the first Wednesday in June. We have prizes for "most Buncos", "most wins", and "most losses".  Once a year, I am responsible for providing the prizes. I have the "most Buncos" prizes and "most wins" prizes bought but need to find somethings for "most losses". It seems to have stopped raining now.

More later...

Well, the weather bureau has forecast more storms this afternoon, evening and night.  So I will not take a chance on getting into a storm just to shop. I still have another week to get those things. I will just stay in and read. The storm is forecast for around 5:00PM. It is 2:35PM now.

More later...

I read all afternoon on the new study we are going to do for church school class.  At 7:00PM, I took my bath, put my pjs on and got ready to watch the evening news at 8:00PM. I plan to go on to bed at 9:00PM as usual. We are under a tornado watch but I don't stay up until 10:00PM unless they are really serious.


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I never felt melatonin did anything for me, but I know people who swear by it. Some folks say it makes them have wild, bad dreams, but I didn't have that problem.

Margie's Musings said...

I take three each night and sleep well. One didn't do anything for me, Donna. I never have bad dreams either. Melatonin is a natural substance your body makes to help you sleep. It has been shown that the blue light produced by today's TVs and smart phones and computers, even the new light bulbs... destroys the natural melatonin your body makes. Yellow tinted eye glasses keeps that from happening. I bought a pair of those from Amazon.