Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sunday and a Busy Morning

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and began fixing my coffeecake after I had dressed and had my breakfast.  When I got that in the oven I started my meatloaf. I had a slight problem with that. I always do a "microwave" meatloaf and my new microwave is just a tad too small to rotate well. I had to stop it several times to adjust the turn table. The loaf pan is just a tad too wide to allow it to turn easily. I may have to start doing my meatloaves in the oven.

After the meatloaf came out, I iced the coffeecake. I will take all three things to church this morning for our basket dinner after church. I bought a pie Friday from the store in Tyro that carries Amish food.

I am not sure it rained in the night here. It was forecast but I slept well and if it rained it did not wake me up.

I just stepped out to feed the two stray cats that come here to eat and it appears it did rain last night. There's quite a bit of standing water out there. It's 7:30AM now and I will not start for church until 8:30AM. That gets me there at 9:00AM.

I received two of the five books I ordered from Amazon yesterday. I will take them to church too and put them on the coat rack for later. I think we still have one chapter in the book we are studying now.

More later...

Here's the photo I found of my daughter-in-law, Ginger, with their new cowboy corgi, Sarge.

Image may contain: one or more people, dog and outdoor

Isn't that cute!

We had a fair crowd for church today. We had a nice basket dinner afterward and everyone pitched in to clean up afterward.  I had taken my meatloaf and I sent what little I had left home with Bob. I had two small pieces of the peach pie the Amish store had sold me and I sent those home with my son-in-law, John.  I sure didn't need them! I ate way too much at lunch.

When I got home, I took one piece of coffeecake over to my neighbor, Alice. She always seems to enjoy those when I have some left over.  I have one for Nancy and one for myself tomorrow morning.

I got my newsletters done and out on the mailbox as soon as I got home. Now I can relax and change my clothes. I recorded some shows I didn't take the time to watch last night before I went to bed. I may watch those now.

So more later...

I did that. I checked the grass and it was too wet to mow so I watched those shows I had recorded.  I took my bath at 7:00PM and At 9:00PM, I went on to bed.