Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thursday and a Quieter Day

I slept very well last night...storm and all.

As far as tornadoes were concerned they were mostly a lot of to do about nothing. Travis Meyer of Channel 6 needs to get a hold of himself. I imagine he scared a lot of Tulsa people with his determination that Tulsa was about to get hit by a tornado and screaming for everyone to take cover before the National Weather Service even alerted anyone. In fact, he commented that he had taken some criticism about that. They had some flooding but very minor wind damage there.

I finally just gave up on his hysterics and went to bed.  That's the problem with crying "wolf" way too often. You lose your credibility.

I got up about 5:30AM this morning...well rested. I dressed and fixed my oatmeal and  coffee and sat down to see what actually happened in Tulsa last night.

Today is cleaning day here. I will mop and run the vacuum cleaner later on this morning and dust. Right now I am just blogging and drinking my Chai. I plan to have chicken pot pie at lunch.

So, more later...

Image may contain: people sitting, living room, plant, table and indoor

While sitting there on the sofa watching the news, I finally saw both little neighborhood cats eating the cat food I put out each morning. They are so shy I just had to stay seated. As you can see, one is yellow and the other is grey. Most of the time the starlings get the food.  At least I thought it was the starlings. I chase the starlings off when I catch them.  When I first saw the cats, the yellow one was lying by the front door and the little grey one was eating from the dish. When I saw them and they saw that I did, the yellow one moved away from the door.

More later...

Nancy and I got together for brunch.  We went out to Eggberts. I was sharing with her the book I bought for the church school class to study next. Karan recommended it. She had bought it and read it and was impressed. It was another of Brian McLaren's books."We Make the Road By Walking". I have started reading it one chapter at a time this morning.  So far, it is very good to make us "think".  Thinking is very good for us. Nancy seems a bit skeptical of anything to study besides the Bible. I assured her that we do study the Bible but just not formally. ...as a class.  We have done a class strictly for the Bible years ago. And as we follow the liturgical year, we continue to study it.

Still she seemed skeptical.  Well, that's her privilege.

I washed both the bathroom and the kitchen floor this afternoon. I will begin the vacuuming but think I will save some of it for tomorrow.

I was sitting in a chair and I saw the little grey cat walk up and look in the bowl for more food. I went to get the cat food but  when it saw me get up, it left. I tried to call it "here kitty, here kitty" to give it more food but it didn't trust me. I did put some more food in the dish. Maybe it will come back later and look again.

I'd better start the vacuuming.

More later...

I started reading the new book today and read three chapters. 

I had one of the Schwans chicken pot pies for my lunch about 1:30PM. The Schwan's man came this afternoon while I was home. He saw I was home. I usually schedule his delivery between 5:00PM and 7:00PM. I was glad he came this afternoon.

I got the floors finished except for the dining room and half of the living room. Then I played out and had to stop.  I will finish vacuuming tomorrow. The grass is dry enough to mow in front but I am too tired to do it this evening. I may try to mow Sunday afternoon or evening if it is still dry by then.

The more I looked at that front yard and all that clover, the more determined I was to mow it.

Image may contain: grass, tree, outdoor and nature

So here it is. It didn't take long and the front looked worse then the side and back. I may do the back tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

And the little grey kitty did come back and eat the food in the dish out front.

It's 5:30PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed as usual at 9:00PM

No comments: