Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tuesday and a Great Nights Sleep

I went to bed fairly early last night and had just got to sleep when the phone rang. When I picked up, it was an telephone insurance agent. I hung up and just got back to sleep when he called again. This time I blocked his call. That is so aggravating! They ought to enforce that law! They usually just get another phone when you block them.

Anyhow, I wore my new yellow lens glasses last night to watch TV and I slept like a baby. Even when I woke up once to go to the bathroom, I got right back to sleep. I hope that lasts.

I received my Mother's day gift from Scott and Ginger yesterday afternoon It was Sheri's Berries and they came packed in ice.  I had one right away! MMMM. They are really good. Before bed, and after I had my yogurt, I had another. The instructions say to eat them within 48 hours so I am doing my best to obey them.

I got up a little after 5:00AM this morning and dressed and got ready for the day and had my oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my Chai.

I ordered five used books last night for the Church School class. When we finish the Brain McLaren book we are studying right now, we will start the new one that Karan has just finished.  It is called "We Make the Road By Walking".

Tomorrow is hair day and my hair really needs it.  Mowing the back yard this week played havoc with my hair.  I could have washed it, I guess, but  I can never do anything with it when I do it myself. Toni backcombs some of it to give it some shape and I don't backcomb. She also flat irons my bangs so they don't curl up. I don't flat iron either. So, I just wait for her to do it on Wednesdays.

I will eat lunch in Coffeyville tomorrow and then go to Bunco at Asbury Village in the afternoon.  That makes a day of it. I also will go to the Walmart store there for anything I find that I need by Wednesday. I need Cheddar cheese and crackers. I need that to go with my usual lunch soup. I will also need some more ingredients for my meatloaf for Sunday's basket dinner at church. I will also need some more beans for baked beans too.  I need to look up my recipes to be sure I get everything I need.

More later....

It's drizzling this morning. It is suppose to clear by noon and have sunshine.  I hope it does. I put out the usual cat food this morning and then made  a point of chasing away the starlings so the cats could eat it. Sure enough, the little grey cat came and ate his/her fill and then I moved it to the east side of my little porch and soon the little yellow cat came and ate his/her fill too. Now the birds can have what's left.

I am supposed to have lunch with Nancy this morning if she is feeling better today.  I will call her in a couple of  hours to check that out.  I went over briefly last evening and she was better.

I have dead headed the flowers in the hanging basket and will do the flowerbed after the rains stops.

I called the city about the house catty cornered across the street at Eighth and State, The grass there is at least 18 inches tall and I wanted to find out if they had an ordinance against letting something like that go. They do! I guess someone just has to issue a complaint. The lady at city hall said she would  contact the people in charge of enforcing that ordinance. We will see!!

More even later....

I finally found a purse I like, I got it at Myrtle's store here in Caney. Later I picked up Nancy and we had lunch at Eggberts. Then I took her home and came on back home myself.

I baked peanut butter criss cross cookies this afternoon. 

I heard from the emergency management folks here in Kansas this afternoon. The guy is Lee Miller and he was trying to locate the Ministerial Alliance. I had to tell him we disbanded that organization last November.  They voted to disband.

He told me the Red Cross offices in Coffeyville were closed and the building is for sale. It is a money crisis according to him. He gave me his e-mail address and asked me to send him the minutes of the meeting where we voted to disband.

I talked to Jean Page and she confirmed what he said. The entire operation is being moved to Wichita. I don't know what has happened to Aaron. I will ask Judy on Thursday when I go to work the bloodmobile. What a mess! Bob volunteered for twelve years for Red Cross after disasters. He loved to do that. And FEMA recruited him after we moved from Independence to Coffeyville.  He had taken every course they offered. He much preferred Red Cross. He said volunteers had a completely different spirit about them. Obviously they were not in it for the money. They wanted to be of service.

I got an e-mail back from Andy Taylor, editor of the County Chronicle, and he said this evening the office had been closed for almost a year and it couldn't have been much of a secret.

Weird!

I took my bath at 7:00PM and went to bed at 9:00PM after watching some Amazon Prime programs. There was absolutely nothing on regular TV that I was interested in watching. 

No comments: