Friday, June 7, 2019

Friday and Vacuuming

I slept without Melatonin again last night and got up shortly after 5:00AM. I watched the weather while I had my breakfast of oatmeal and juice and my coffee. After that, I watched a new program on Amazon Prime that I have been following called Autopsy.  It has been very interesting.

Just before I went to bed last night at 9:00PM, I noticed a lot of police lights a block went of my place on 8th Avenue. I haven't seen any explanation for it on facebook this morning. Usually the Chronicle is on top of these things.

I fed the stray kitty again this morning and deadheaded my flowers again too. It rained last night so I didn't need to water them today. I'm sure they got plenty of water.

I finally ran the vacuum this morning. I had done the bare floors earlier this week and also the little dab of laundry I had in the basket.

So, I am not sure what I will do today.  I don't need a thing.

I will be leaving next Wednesday for the church short reunion. It will run from next Wednesday the 12th until a week from this Sunday the 16th ...about four days.

So more later....

I made a quick trip to Bartlesville to look for a new clutch bag to go with my purse. The old one was wearing badly at the corners. I expected to have to pay $ 25 to $30 for it but I found on that matched my purse at TJ Maxx for $9.98. It was originally priced $40. That was a bargain! I looked all over the mall but couldn't find a thing I wanted. I did manage to get Leslie's birthday card and gift though. Her birthday is July 1st.  I even found a card I wanted that said just what I wanted to say. So, that is done.

I got back home by 2:30PM and just in time to feed the little gray cat.  Poor little thing. I think it must be a stray.

I watched another episode of "Autopsy" this afternoon.  Those are interesting.

More even later...

A young man came by to see how satisfied I was with my Cox cable. I told him I was making do. I have the very least I can get since today's programming is nothing I am interested in except for the program "Bull".  Mostly I have that so I can get my Tivo  to record programs I do like such as Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours and Forensic Files. He wanted me to sign up for Dish but that would require me to use their recording device and I declined doing that with Cox. As it is they are requiring mme to rent their router and modum.

He is going door to door to offer Dish to the people of Caney who are dissatisfied with Cox. I resent not having a cable choice. It is a franchise but that eliminates competition which actually makes it a monopoly. That way they can raise the rates every year. Mine is already over $109.00 for very little TV options....mostly the main networks. I usually end up watching Amazon Prime where I can get a lot more options. 

I ended up taking my bath about 7:30PM and going on to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: