Monday, June 17, 2019

Monday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I have been sleeping so well lately!  I slept until 6:00AM this morning. I have dressed, watched the weather and had my breakfast and fed both the neighborhood cats. Now I am enjoying my Chai Latte.

If the rain holds off this morning, I want to mow the side and back yards. I am waiting for the dew to dry off the grass. I got the front mowed yesterday.  Tomorrow I get my hair done. I want to go up to Independence today sometime and get a print cartridge for my printer and a few other things I couldn't get at the Coffeyville Walmart day before yesterday.

I also want to do some more laundry...my towels etc. And I was happy to find the error in my checkbook this morning. I had entered one item twice in my checkbook. I finally found it.

Yesterday, I learned I had lost another classmate. I notified everyone by e-mail that had e-mail. The others will learn about it in December when I do the 2020 newsletter. There may be more at that time. We are only halfway through the year.

I want to go check the grass in the back yard and see if it is dry yet. So I will get back to this later...

I just checked and and the grass is still too wet to mow. But my flowerbed is thriving out there.

 Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

I do need to weed it again though. So more later....

I got the flowerbed weeded and the laundry is in. When it is finished I want to go to Independence to their Walmart store.  Maybe when I get back I will be able to mow. We are forecast for rain today but I hope to get the yard mowed before it begins. I hope my luck holds. I would begin with the back. It is smaller.

More later...

I went to Independence's Walmart store and they didn't have the "Nourish" bowls either. If I get them, I will have to get them at Chanute next time I am up there to see Gay.  I did get the new ink cartridge there but it was a mess getting up there from Caney. They are resurfacing highway 75 about where the airport there is and just south of town on 75 highway. They had a guide car and one lane traffic with a wait time for the guide car.  A real mess. When I came back I went down tenth street to the road that leads west to the Cessna plant and then around the mess. It was longer that way, but much faster not to have to wait in line for one lane traffic.

When I got home, Nancy was ready to go to lunch. When I went to pick her up she had Jess for company. He stayed awhile so we were late getting away. We finally got to Eggberts for lunch after 11:00PM.   Then after lunch, she wanted to go downtown and see if we could learn what was going into the old Gilliam store building. It had been painted and looked nice from the outside. But there was no sign of any information about what was going in there. Then she wanted to see what was going on at the museum and so that was our next stop.

If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I will try to get the yard mowed after it cools off some.

Right now I want to get my laundry out of the dryer. So more even later...

Early afternoon I mowed the back yard. It is small. Even at that, I was sweating badly.  So I left the side yard...considerably larger...for later...if it doesn't rain. 

I got the laundry finished and dried and put away and then watched three programs I had recorded on Tivo.  After that. I checked the weather and it was 77 degrees so I went back out and mowed the side yard. Now it is all finished for another week...hopefully. Usually I like to mow on Tuesday because my regular hair day is Wednesday.  Of course, tomorrow, because my hairdresser has dental appointments for her family in Springfield on Wednesday, it will be tomorrow. That's why I wanted to get the yard mowed today.

Now, I need a bath and clean PJs. It's almost 7:00PM and I like to get my bath about that time so I can be ready to go to bed at 9:00PM.  Tonight I should sleep like a baby. I am really tired after all that mowing.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You flowers are beautiful. Looks like a professional planted the bed.

Margie's Musings said...

Nope! Just me!