Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Wednesday and Visitors Today

I slept well again last night. I guess times for having to take melatonin are over.

I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and had my breakfast and dressed and watched the weather channel...which is my usual routine.  As soon as the weather on the eights comes on and I watch that, I go into the den and check my e-mail and work on this blog. This blog is really my journal.

I fed the little gray cat again this morning and then after he/she ate and left, covered the dish with a small tablet I had found. That keeps the snails and the birds out of it..I discovered that yesterday. The little cat knows to knock the tablet off the dish so he/she can eat. Smart little fellow/gal.

It rained hard last night but I slept well. I usually sleep well when it rains anyhow.

Diana and Tony are supposed to come this afternoon at 1:00PM or so. Diana is my eldest niece..Bob's oldest daughter.

I texted Steve Hoppock about mowing for me in July and August. He will give me a quote and I will see if I can afford him. I really don't think I would be up to mowing in July and August when it's in the 90's and 100s . It is hard enough when it's 84 degrees but I can manage that myself. And I need the exercise.  I just do each yard part and then rest and drink fluids between them.

Scott texted me this morning and told me my notifications were off on my phone and he hasn't been able to reach me by text or phone. I checked and for some reason  "do not disturb" was on. I turned it off. I tested it with Bob Avery and sure enough I hear a notification now when he texts me.

More later...

Nancy came by midmorning and we went to brunch. We encountered Kelly there and sat with him and visited.We stayed a couple of hours. When I got back home I relaxed a little and then put more cat food in the bowl and put a pair of pliers on top of the tablet to keep it from blowing off.  Soon the yellow cat came by to eat. He/she saw the pliers on top of the tablet and moved them off and ate the food.

I didn't see the the little gray cat eat until Diana was here. She came about 1:00PM and stayed until 3:00PM or so. While we visited, Tony took the car to have the oil changed. The little dash light came on while they were on their way over here and he knew it needed to be changed. We had a good visit even though Tony didn't come in. He met her over at Janet's house after she left here. That's one of her friends from school here in Caney.

I went to the bank and also to buy gas again. I have done a lot of running around this week. The front yard needs mowing again but I just had my hair done on Tuesday so it will have to wait until next Tuesday. I get my hair and cut done on Wednesday next week.  I prefer to mow the day before it gets done.

It's 8:40PM right now and I have had my bath and have my pjs on and will go on to bed at 9:00PM

No comments: