Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept well again last night and got up about 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I had my oatmeal and coffee and juice and am now working on my Chai. My younger son, Scott, just called and we had a chat about his week. He has been very busy.

I have fed the little gray cat and he/she sat by my front door and watched me while I talked to Scott. When I got off the phone, though, it was gone.

This morning I will wash my bare floors and later today I will vacuum the apartment.

Alice, my neighbor, moved into her home over at Edna yesterday. She will be back today and tomorrow to clean the apartment she left here at the duplex.

I contacted Steve, who mowed over at the fourplex, yesterday and asked him to give me a price on mowing for me here during July and August when the summer heat will probably be too much for me to do my own mowing. Robert Edens, who mowed for Alice, charges $40. a week and I think that's too much for such a small yard. I want to see what Steve would charge me. I may just wait until later in the day..close to evening... and see if it will cool down enough for me to do it myself. It depends on the price.

More later....

I got the floors washed and the apartment vacuumed. All I lack is the dusting and I can do that this afternoon or tomorrow. I will see how I feel when I have rested awhile. It's only 9:39AM and so I have plenty of time.

I had Cox Complete Care work over both my computers this afternoon and tune them up. I believe it had been several months since I had had that done. They are both faster now. There was some malware on the laptop. The desktop was clean. But he must have really worked them over because now they are faster. I pay $9.98 a month for that service so I really must use it. It's almost 4:30PM now and I need to think about having my yogurt for supper.

So, more later...

About 7:00PM, I decided to mow the front yard. It is 90 degrees out there but part of the front yard is in the shade and the yard has grown with all this rain.  So it's 7:30 now and the front is mowed.

Image may contain: plant, flower, grass, tree, outdoor and nature

The rest will just have to wait. The side yard is larger and the back is not bothering me yet. But at least the front is done.

I brought in my little solar cat. It sat out this afternoon and soaked up the sunshine. Now it is fully charged .
No photo description available.


I ate my yogurt for supper and now in about 30 minutes I will take my bath and watch some more Amazon Prime. I will go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad u said something
Should be 3 score and 10;
70
I was making him really old!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I wondered about that. He didn't look that old.