Monday, July 29, 2019

Monday and Rain Last Night

I slept well last night. I did wake up once but after going to the bathroom, I got back to sleep until 5:00AM, my regular get up time.

I thought I heard thunder once or twice in the night but until it gets light I really can't tell for sure if it rained. I have dressed and had my breakfast. If it didn't rain, I will want to finish my mowing and trim. It is past 6:00AM now and I just looked out. It doesn't look like it rained. After awhile I will go out and check how wet the grass is...that will tell me for sure.

I don't have another plan for the day. I have watched the weather and had my coffee and  am working on my Chai now. I may just read my Kindle.

I am going to have to get some descaler for my Keurig. It is stopping up again. It has been a long while since I descaled it. Using filtered water like I do, I am not sure why that is necessary.

More later....

After it got really light I saw that it had rained. I guess I won't be mowing that west side yard today after all....maybe tomorrow or if it cools down this afternoon..

More later...

I did go out and do "some" trimming but it got too hot to stay out long.

I came back in to watch the CBS news. I saw a story there about a study that shows a relationship between Benadryl and sleep aids and dementia.  Every once in awhile I take Benadryl when I can't sleep or when my sinus's are draining,. I won't do that anymore. I have enough memory problems without even taking a chance on making them worse. Over-the-counter allergy meds were also named. Luckily, I don't take any of those.

I went over to Nancy's at about 11:00AM and she was still in her nightgown and hadn't been out of the house for several days. I took her some coffeecake. Then I told her I was going to eat lunch. She asked if I would wait until she got dressed so she could go too and I told her, "of course" I would. While she got herself ready,  I read my Kindle. She was ready in no time and we went to Eggberts and had breakfast. The omelet looked better then the lunch I had planned to have so we both had an omelet. She picked up the tab. I had intended to pay but she beat me to the punch!

I took her back home when we finished and her cousin, Dale, was there.  She asked him to stay and I left to give them a chance to visit. I waved at Dale.

When I got home I picked up my mail and my new shoe bag had come. It's one of these that hangs over the door. I had bought some newer sandals when some my old ones were donated to the grass mowing duty.

It's 1:35PM now and I will go watch the program that I recorded this morning. So, more later...

Karen Rankin, who used to have Nanny La Rose in Independence came by this afternoon and visited until 6:20.  I should have recorded the news but we were visiting and I forgot to do that. I'll see what I can find now.  I know I have scheduled one program, "Bull"  for this evening, but I will probably watch it live unless it cools off enough for me to mow the west side.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and then I plan to go to bed as usual at 9:00PM.

No comments: