Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday and House Cleaning

Today I must clean the apartment. Instead of my regular cleaning yesterday, I read in my latest book.  I am still not finished with the book but I am close. I had to charge the Kindle last night.

I did not sleep all that well last night. Again, I had too much on my mind to turn it off. I awoke at 12:30AM and did not get back to sleep until sometime after 2:30AM. For some strange reason, my feet got cold and even after I covered them up with an afghan, they were still cold. Strange! When I finally did get back to sleep, I did sleep until 6:30AM though.

I have got myself ready for the day, had my oatmeal and coffee and am trying to catch up all the things I didn't get done yesterday. Luckily, before this rain began, I got my backpack and school supplies bought at Walmart at Independence. I don't get my social security until the 14th this month and that will be  a long stretch.

It is pouring down rain out there so I have not seen any of the feral cats this morning.

Suzanne came about lunch time and picked up the rent check.  They are camping with their grandsons. Part of the guttering in front is coming down and she said she would tell Steve about that. I think the rain must have done that. I don't recall seeing it earlier.  

More later....

The rain finally stopped.

Then about 11:30AM I went out to Eggberts to have lunch. I didn't know what to have for lunch and that sounded good! I ran onto Kelly out there and he had me sit with him. We visited until 2:00PM.  He had a lot on his mind.  When I got home, I ate some of the strawberries Nancy brought me yesterday.

I got home about 2:25PM and as soon as I put my car away, my neighbor drove into my drive. Now my car is trapped.  If I want to get out again, I will have to raise my neighbors to ask them to move that car.

Luckily, just as I was about to go ask them to move their car, they moved it without me having to ask them.

Then the mother of my new yard person came and got my phone number and gave me hers. Her name is Krystal. I am to text her when I would like the yard mowed. It will probably be Tuesday evening next week...if the rains clear up.  Krystal says her husband will come with the girls and she says he will do the trimming. The girls are not familiar with a trimmer.

It's almost 5:00PM now and I will go watch the news.

I watched the news and then Dateline until 7:00PM when I took my bath and got myself ready for bed. At 9:00PM, I went on to bed. I never did get the house cleaning done.

No comments: