Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night. I did get up before 5:00AM though. I dressed and put out extra food for the cats. They were waiting for me to re-fill their bowl. I also gave then fresh water. There are still only two gray kittens and the mama. Maybe someone caught the others.

I have had my coffee and oatmeal and watched the weather. I even have the coffeecake in the oven and it's only 5:55AM. The coffeecake has 20 minutes more to bake. Then I will ice it. I am taking zip lock bags this morning too. I never know how many will show up for church school. I will bag up the leftovers and send them home with church attenders. I will save one for Nancy.

It's about time to get the coffeecake out of the oven so I will get back to this after I check it out. It still has another ten minutes to go. So more later...

O.K. The coffeecake is out and cooling. I will ice it when it is cool. Bob texted me that he would like to go to "Just Us" for lunch. He has six gift certificates that Diana gave him for his birthday. I'm game! It's the end of the month and I imagine he is nearly out of money and just has enough left for his Blue Cross/Blue Shield payment on Monday.  He does get his social security on the 3rd of the month though. I don't get mine in August until the 14th...that is the second Wednesday of the month. That's almost halfway through the month.

More later....

I left for church about 8:30AM and took the cups I had bought, the coffeecake and creamer too.  I stopped and washed my car first.When I got to church I realized I had forgotten my church key. I texted Bob and asked him to come on out with his and he said he was on his way.  I am going to keep mine in my car too like Bob does and that way I won't have to remember to pick it up before I leave. I had three pieces of coffeecake left and I have put them in zip lock bags to keep for Nancy and myself.

The sermon was good. Johnna does a good job.

When I got home I got three newsletters ready and out on the mailbox to be picked up in the morning. Then I watched some weather and Amazon Prime.TV. About 6:00PM, I decided to mow. It may rain tonight and I got the front and back done. If it doesn't rain tonight I will do the west side in the morning. I also need to trim. I will do that tomorrow too.

It's 7:00PM now and I need to take my bath. Luckily, I recorded 60 Minutes. I will watch it after I take my bath.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Mine comes 3rd Wednesday.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know how you make it from month to month Sister-Three!