Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A Very Busy Tuesday

I slept great last night. Only woke up once and then went right back to sleep. I slept until 5:00AM, my regular wake up time, dressed, ate, and stripped the bed. The bedding is now in the dryer. I will re-make the bed when it is dry. My extra set of towels are in there too and my underwear.

My allergies are going crazy today. I have sneezed my head off ever since I got up.

I just heard from Bob. He is up and getting around now. He has a busy day. He has a board meeting at 10:00AM and then Joanne's daughter's family from Wichita are here and he will help her with them. Joanne is Bob's girlfriend.

My dental appointment this morning is at 10:30AM. I am hoping that partial will fit well and will restore my bite or at least keep the upper teeth from above those I lost with the loss of the bridge from extruding any further into the bite. I have never had a partial before. I had that bridge for at least  thirty years before the root canal in the abutment tooth blew up and later the tooth split.

Dean won't be here until around 4:00PM. He will leave Topeka at 1:00PM.  He plans to stay until Friday.  He left a day early last spring when he was here because he was uneasy about leaving Rod for so long.  Rod is a paraplegic. When he was a teen he dove into the shallow end of a swimming pool and broke his neck. He must be in his 50's now. They have a man who comes in in the morning and gets him ready for the day and then comes back in the evening to bathe him and get him ready for bed. Several decades ago, Dean lost his wife. So it's just him and Rod.

Dean is the one who started our class newsletter after we graduated from high school. He later passed it on to a classmate from Oklahoma City who later passed it on to one from Arkansas. She passed it on the me 21 years ago. I have had it ever since. We have all tried to keep track of our classmates over the years.

More later...

I got the bed re-made and the towels and underwear put away.

I have run out of cat food so the cat and her kittens will have to wait for more until I get back from Cherryvale and can get to a Dollar General store to buy more. I also need to pick up a prescription at Walgreens in Independence after my dental appointment. It will be a busy day!

I stopped on the way to Cherryvale to pick up my prescription at Walgreens.  Then I went on to Cherryvale and got my new partial. It fits fine and I have very little to complain about. It does trap food  under it on the lingual  side but I just take it out ad rinse it off.  Most of the time I will be wearing it, I will not be eating.

I stopped at the Independence Walmart and bought the few things I needed there.  Then I came on home.

Steve, my landlord, was here securing the guttering.  That is good. Every time it rained it got a little looser. He secured it well. I told him about the web worms in the tree in my neighbor's back yard. He said he will spray it.

I also told him that the neighbor doesn't seem to realize that he has to put his trash container to the curb if he wants the trash picked up. When I was trying to find out for the city guys which trash container had been Alice's a week or so ago, I checked for the empty one and found it. The other one was completely full of trash.

I heard the trash people coming around this morning and checked to see if theirs was empty now. It was still completely full so I drug it out to the curb in time for the trash people to empty it. I left it at the curb so those kids would get the message.

It's 1:40PM now. I ate my last chicken pot pie at 1:15PM this afternoon.

Dean is not supposed to be here until 4:00PM so I don't expect him any sooner. I hope I am hungry for supper this evening.  I am used to just my yogurt. He will want supper. He wants to eat out and wants me to choose a restaurant.

More even later..

I watched a Dateline program I had recorded and afterward took my clippers out and trimmed the hedge. It looks a lot better now.  It is 3:45PM now and it shouldn't be long until Dean is here.

Perhaps more later if  I don't get too busy...

Dean came promptly at 4:00PM and this time he was driving a 2007 Toyota convertible! It is a real neat car that they quit making in 2008.  It is white with a black top.He came in and we began visiting and telling one another our life stories again. Soon Nancy came...to find out where I had been all weekend. She had been by several times and, of course, I had been out to John and Leslie's.. dog sitting.  I invited her in to meet Dean and she stayed awhile. They were both KU alumnus so they had something in common right away. They really hit it off. She stayed the better part of an hour and then Dean brought in his luggage and before we knew it, it was 7:00PM and he was starving. We just went out to Eggberts for summer.

When we were finished, we visited some more until 9:30PM, when we finally went our separate ways, he to the bedroom, and me to the den to the daybed. We were both exhausted. He had driven from Topeka and I was almost an hour past my usual bedtime. But it had been a good day.

No comments: