Friday, August 16, 2019

Friday and Thunderstorms

I had a good night's sleep. Got up at 5:00AM as usual and dressed by flashlight and then sneaked into the bedroom and went into the bathroom to make up my face. Dean sleeps hard and well so I didn't disturb him. He uses one of those C packs to keep him from having sleep apnea. It makes just enough noise to lull him to sleep and keep him sleeping.

We are having thunderstorms this morning. He will have to wait until later in the morning to leave. Northern Montgomery county is under a severe thunderstorm watch...perhaps a warning later. It is supposed to clear up and just be cloudy by noon.

I want to go to Coffeyville this afternoon if the weather clears up like it is supposed to do. I want to make a bank deposit and meet Vic at Eggberts after this storm passes to pick up the Porter peaches he has bought for me. Also I need to get some more contact multi purpose solution. I may also go over to Cherryvale to the dentist this afternoon and have him smooth off a part of the acrylic on the partial that rubs against an area under my tongue. I will see how that goes today. It is comfortable to wear but if I eat with it, it makes that little part under my tongue where it rubs sore. He told me I might have to have an adjustment or two before it works like I want it to.

It is really pouring down rain now. Luckily the cat and her kittens came early before the hard rain started and ate their food.

More later...

Dean is up now and he will probably go ahead and leave soon.  He thinks he will drive out of the storm and it has cleared up here pretty much. I hope he does. He has a very nice Toyota convertible.

He decided we should have breakfast first before he leaves.  I had a small bowl of oatmeal earlier so I had room for breakfast. After that, we came back to the apartment and I helped him load up his luggage and he left.

Then I went over to Coffeyville to the bank and made a deposit. Afterward I called Vic and told him I was in town. He brought the Porter peaches he had brought me to the parking lot at V & S Variety. Then I went over to Marilyn's and gave her some of them. I certainly couldn't use ten peaches.

I gave her three and if Nancy wants some, I will give her some too. I tried to call Nancy to see if she wanted to go up to Independence with me to the Dairy Queen to get a blizzard but she must have gone to Bartlesville to eat out with her group of old friends. She wasn't home.

So I went up by myself.  Each Friday evening lately, I have gone up to Independence to get a blizzard.

It is 6:00PM now and I will soon take my bath. Now I will watch the news and later one of the programs I have recorded. At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and at 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

No comments: