Monday, August 12, 2019

Monday and Mowing

I slept very well last night. I got up shortly before 5:00AM but am very rested. I had my oatmeal and coffee already and am working on my Chai now.

The mama cat and three of her kittens came last evening and ate everything in the bowls I had filled. They were back this morning for some more. I bet they thought they were going to starve when I wasn't here over the weekend. The ittle yellow one I seldom see is here eating now.

I just texted my brother in law. He says he was up at 5:00AM, as usual.

My dental appointment is tomorrow at 10:30AM. I will get my partial then that will replace the two teeth I am missing on the right lower side.  I hope it fits comfortably. Dean will be coming in the afternoon tomorrow.  I will change my bed tomorrow morning so it will be clean for him. I will be sleeping on the daybed in the den and it is already clean.

Dean will take me over to Coffeyville for my hair appointment at 10:00AM tomorrow and perhaps we will eat at the glass house after that and go on out to Woolaroc after that is it isn't raining. I don't know how long he is staying this time. Probably only two or three days......he worries about leaving Rod too long there by himself.

More later..

My friend, Gay, called me to say she and her sister Adele are coming to Coffeyville to shop at Brown Shoe Fit store. They wanted me to meet them there at Eggberts for lunch. I decided to do that. I wanted to get gas at Woodshed and also get my pedicure while I was there. We had a nice lunch and Gay had found the shoes she wanted at Coffeyville's Brown Shoe Fit store but Adele wanted to go on to Bartlesville to look for a specific shoe color she was wanted in their store there.

After I left them, they went on to Bartlesville. I got my pedicure and gas and washed my car and then stopped at Sonic to get a cherry limeade frozen drink then came on back home after doing what I wanted to get done.

Suzanne had been by and left the payment for the mowing of my neighbor's yard in my box. They will mow for me tonight and then mow for the kids next door too. I want them to use my mower for mine so the grass will be bagged but I imagine they will use her dad's riding mower to do the neighbor's yard again. Suzanne begged off going to Cherryvale with me in the morning. She is so busy right now. That was fine. I was needing to get back to be here when Dean comes anyhow.

It is after 5:00PM now but I imagine it will be 7:00PM or so before they come to mow.

More later...

Well, it is 6:20PM and the mowers are here. John brought a smaller mower for the one next door and is trimming over there now.  He has his rider somewhere else tonight. His daughter is using my bagged mower to mow for me. She is pretty surly this afternoon. Can't say I blame her since it's 97 degrees out there. John trims over there but I don't think he trims for me. He didn't last week at least. Of course, Suzanne pays him $35.00 for Fleming's and we just pay her $25.00 which is what the mother quoted for us. I will have to do my trimming in the morning before it gets too hot...if it doesn't rain tonight.

More later tonight.

Well, what do you know! John is trimming for me!  That's really neat! He has a heavy duty gas powered trimmer too.

I offered to let them use my mower and they took me up on it. John's was just a 19 inch push mower. Nalonny mowed mine and most of Fleming's and John did the back yard over there. Those little white worms have infested that tree in their back yard and Nalonny didn't want to be near them. I took water out to her several times. It was 97 degrees out there. The heat index was 110. When they finished and left, I blew off the drive and swept off the patio. That was plenty hot. When I finally came in, my hair was wet. I took my bath and got ready for bed. I also had two mosquito bites...big ones. But I am cooled down now.

It is 8:25PM now. There really isn't anything on TV tonight and I am not in the mood for "Murder She Wrote" tonight. In about 30 minutes, at 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

In the morning, I want to strip the bed and do the laundry again. I will wash the sheets and towels and my underwear.  I hope to get the laundry finished and re-make the bed and put everything away before I go to Cherryvale to the dentist. I will have to leave about 9:30AM to get to Cherryvale by 10:30AM. I will bring my clothes into the den with my makeup and dress in here in the mornings while Dean is here. 

 

No comments: