Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday and Church and Home

I slept fairly well last night but woke up to a warm house. The air conditioning was not working and neither was the ceiling fan. Also the dining room light was not working.

Leslie and I figured it was a breaker so I went out and flipped the switches that were marked "Air" but nothing happened. I turned on the switch for the ceiling fan in the living room and pushed the button on the face of it. That didn't work either. Leslie thought it might be the battery in the temperature control thermostat for the air conditioner. She planned to change it when they got back home.

She called me a bit ago with a mystery. They got home and the air was working fine and the house was cool. The fan also worked. She thought I had neglected to push the button on the front of the fan control but she had told me to be sure to do that,  and I had. When I left, at 8:00AM the air conditioning was not working Neither was the dining room light. When they got home the dining room light also worked fine. I can't figure out what had happened. It's a mystery. I am sure there is a logical answer to all of that, but I sure don't know what that would be.

I went on to church after I packed and loaded my car. I left the animals outside so they could do their thing before the kids came home. There was a light breeze and they had a dog door in the garden shed and two of them were in there. They seemed to be doing fine. They had plenty of water and shade.

When I got home after church, I unpacked and filled the cat's dishes. They haven't been back to check them out yet but it is still very hot out there and they may come back this evening..when they usually check it out.

I got all my stuff put away.

I have watched one of my regular Saturday morning programs "Lucky Dog" and I will watch the other one later. "Dr. Chris Pet Vet".  I also watched a "Dateline" program I had recorded. I schedule recordings of the programs I want to watch every Monday I schedule recordings for an entire week.

It's almost time for "60 Minutes" so I will get back to this later...after "60 Minutes" is over and I take my bath at 7:00PM........

I watched 60 Minutes and then  took my bath and worked awhile trying to figure out how to get the Forensic Reports on my Tivo deleted. They are on U Tube and not good quality. I never did get it figured out. Finally at  9:00PM I turned off the TV and went to bed. I was very tired.

Tomorrow evening John V and his daughter will be here to mow. I filled the gas tank again on my mower to get ready for them.

No comments: