Monday, September 30, 2019

Another Very Early Morning

I awoke at 4:00AM again this morning and after trying to decide whether to try to go back to sleep, I had a text from Keith with photos. After I texted with him for awhile I decided to just get up. I have that doctor's appointment this morning and I am a little nervous about it. I need to mow the west side of my yard but after having that toenail removed, I don't know whether to try to do that or just contact the teen that mowed for me in August and ask her to mow it. I could give her $10.00 to do it for me but she may feel that is not worth her time. I will check with the doctor about mowing this evening.

I slept pretty well last night. I went to bed pretty early. I was very tired by 9:00PM.

I plan to leave for Independence at 8:30AM to be at the doctor's office at 9:00AM to fill out the needed paper work. My appointment is at 9:30AM.

I will strip my bed tomorrow to wash my sheets and remake the bed.

Then Wednesday I will go over to Coffeyville for my hair appointment and later bunco at the senior center. I will go to the library over there too and return my books. I will make some more copies of the Coffeyville Reawakening material to send out seven more copies to my classmates. All that will take the entire day.

More later....

I got there at 9:00AM and filled out all the paperwork before they took me into an opertory. I sat there for twenty five minutes.  They are apparently very busy. Finally though I met Dr. Hogge. I was impressed with him. He was very pleasant  and professional. His nurse prepared the foot and took some x-rays. Then he put a shot in the toe and took the toenail off. It was already loose everywhere except just at the base. He did clean some fungus off the toe under the nail. The toe is not painful though tonight even though he scraped around on it to take that black fungus off.

I got back home after stopping at Walmart there to get the supplies of 2 X 2s and the ointments I will need to apply on it until it is well. I stopped at John and Leslie's home so I could see the puppies. They all are so cute!! One of the cutest is the smallest one. They call her "blondie". She is a pure bred Corgi. She had to be resuscitated by John or they would have lost her right after she was born. She snuggles when you hold her.

I wish I had taken a photo of her.

Anyhow, I spent the afternoon listing the classmates I have who have no e-mail. I am sending them packets of information on the Coffeyville ReAwakening in hopes they will want to contribute toward the renovation of the Midland Theater and other projects the committee is planning toward the renovation of the town..

I got all that done. Now I am watching the news.

Suzanne will be by later this evening to get my rent check.

I am waiting for the heat to cool off so I can mow the west side yard here at my apartment. I got the back yard done last evening. I am watching the news now and at 7:00PM or so I hope to take my bath and get ready for bed. Tomorrow I want to strip my bed and do laundry.

I decided to get the little 15 year old to mow the west side for me this week. With the large bandage on my right foot, I couldn't get an enclosed shoe on.  And I didn't want to chance an infection. She will do just the west side on Tuesday evening for $10.00.

So I took my bath (had to get in the tub facing the south so I  could hang the right foot over the side ) It is not supposed to get wet for a week. Getting out of the tub was also challenging but I managed it..

I watched Bull on TV and then went on to bed at 10:00PM

No comments: