Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thursday and No Lunch at Chanute

I woke up shortly after 4:00AM and could not get back to sleep. So I just got up, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will go to the post office here as soon as it opens and then at 10:00AM, I will leave for Chanute and lunch with Gay and Adele and their friends.

I slept well until about 3:00AM, and then got up and went to the bathroom and went back to bed and I got right back to sleep. Then at 4:00AM or so, I woke up again and could not get back to sleep.

I haven't had my oatmeal yet and my coffee so I will go get that done before I work further on this blog. I didn't eat anything at suppertime so I am hungry.

More later...

It's raining now and I don't want to drive to Chanute in the rain so I cancelled. I will clean the apartment instead. Tomorrow I will do some more laundry.

The cats came and ate their breakfast before the rain began. That's good. I refilled their dishes and covered the small bowls. I had my oatmeal and coffee and chai too.

Scott called and talked to me for almost an hour. He is so thrilled to be back in a home of their own. He says it is simply lovely! I can see that by the photo I posted yesterday. They still have to have the rest of their furniture delivered this week. Hopefully! The storage place in Miami says they have 14 days to deliver it. Scott is ticked off about that. They promised them it would be today or tomorrow.

More later...I'd better get busy.

I got the bare floors cleaned and am now vacuuming the apartment. I ate the rest of Suzanne's casserole dish for my lunch. It was delicious! I have asked her for the recipe but she has not yet provided it to me. I would like to make it for the basket dinner at church on October 20th.

I vacuumed this afternoon and then spent an hour or so cleaning out some of my file cabinet. I got the top drawer done but have the lower one to do too. Maybe I will get it done this winter.

Then I went by Nancy's to take her the Reporter. She gave me a bunch of food to take to church for Leann to distribute to those in need of it. I put it in the frig.

I asked her if she would like to drive to Independence with me to get a blizzard and she was happy to get out of town. On the way back she asked me if we could go back by way of Tyro road so she could see the kids' puppies.  They were not home. We did see Mini and Hoover but the others were probably locked in the kennel. We didn't check. Both John and Leslie were gone. Maybe next time I can get her out of town, we can catch John and he can let us in to see the puppies. I tried to call Leslie to see if they were just eating dinner somewhere but she wouldn't answer and sent me straight to voicemail.

Now it's 6:30PM and I will take my bath soon and get ready for bed. I want to watch some more Amazon Prime this evening and then I will go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

When I went in the den to check my-mail, I had an update for windows and when I tried to o.k. it, the screen was frozen. So I had to just shut down the computer and reboot it. I was up until after 11:00PM trying to get everything to work. When I finally did, I went on to bed. Windows 10...bah humbug!!

No comments: