Sunday, September 29, 2019

A Very Early Sunday Morning

I awoke at a little before 4:00AM this morning and could not get back to sleep. I just got up and went to the computer to check out the name of the doctor I will see tomorrow to take off the big toenail on my right foot. I guess the anticipation of that kept me awake. His name is Dr. Hogge.

In a little while I will go get dressed and have my breakfast and get ready for church and then bake my coffee cake. I will probably have to feed the cat and her kittens again too. This morning I certainly have plenty of time.

Keith texted me this morning that his website was still down and I had realized that. I had tried to access it and couldn't. They had had a power outage at the house while they were gone and when Esther's daughter, Selina, went over there to get the power back on and the power came back up, the website wouldn't come up until he was there again to fix it.

He also texted that they were getting ready to go into Venice for the day. They are having a wonderful trip touring Europe.

More later....

I had my oatmeal and coffee and I have fed the one kitty that came to breakfast. Odd, none of the others have made it yet.

I do have the coffeecake in the oven and when it is done and cool, I will ice it and take it to church with me. Rain is forecast. I am glad my cake for Tuesday is in the freezer at church already.

I just texted Bob and he is up now but had just woke up. I hoped I didn't wake him but he said I didn't.

Bob will eat his toast and drink his coffee and then make the decision of whether to come to church.   He is pretty miserable. He probably won't come. We will see.

The coffeecake is baked, cooled and iced and ready to go to the church. Bob just isn't able to come. He is suffering from not only his sore back but also a cold now. I got there about 8:30AM and opened the doors and made the coffee and sliced up the coffee cake. I got out the plates, napkins and forks. Then I swept off the walks and turned on the sound system.

We had a couple of visitors this morning. One woman was from Independence and the other from right down the road from the church.

Karan did a good job on her sermon.

Phyllis and Carmen and Rick and I went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch. It was good, as usual.

When I got back home, I put out three newsletters and a birthday card. Then it was 3:30PM and I was tired. I had gone out front with a grocery sack and picked up leaves off the front yard. So I have sat down to rest for awhile.

More later...

My neighbor came over and asked to borrow my mower so he could mow his back yard. I had offered it to him a couple of weeks ago.  He took me up on it today. After he mowed, I looked at my own back yard and with all the rain we have had it now needed to be mowed again. I got the front done yesterday. So, it wasn't terribly hot by this time so I refilled the gas tank and went out and mowed it. I still need to mow the west side and tomorrow I am having that toenail taken off so I hope I will still be able to do it. I may have to call the teenage girl and pay to have it done this week.

I took my bath earlier after finishing the mowing.  It's 8:30PM now and I have been up since 4:00AM this morning  So I may just go on to bed. My doctor's appointment with the podiatrist is at 9:30AM but I should probably get there at 9:00AM. I will have paperwork to fill out. So I will try to leave Caney at 8:30AM in the morning.


2 comments:

Kay said...

He's taking off your big toenail. Ouch! Hope it all goes well. I got up at 3:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep until 5:00. Argghhhh...

Margie's Musings said...

So do I Kay. I am a little concerned about it but it has to be done.