Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday and a Cool Fall Day

I slept like a log last night! I even wore my winter pjs. It has finally cooled down to the 60s. Thank goodness! According to the "Weather on the 8s", it's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s all next week. I am ready for fall at last.  I want to mow as soon as the dew is gone from the grass. The front yard especially needs it. The back looks o,k, and Calista mowed the west side yard on Tuesday so it is fine too.

I don't have a plan for today except to do what little laundry I have now.  I will do my towels today and the underwear..I always have that.

I have had my oatmeal and fed the cats. Several of them showed up for breakfast. A couple of gray kittens and the yellow one. Mama cat came first.

I have done my dishes and had my thyroid pill.

I never heard anything out of the doctor's office so I guess my blood levels were where he wanted them.

I had wanted to discuss the possibility with Leslie of having my left foot with the failed bunion surgery, redone, by this doctor.... but she never got back with me.  She's busy, I guess. 

I went to Dollar General this morning to buy AAA batteries for my little bedside flashlights.  Before I left, I put away the dried towels and underwear from the dryer. While I was at it at Dollar General, I got an extra $10.00. I am out of cash....and my social security doesn't come in until next Wednesday.

It dried off in the front yard so I put enclosed shoes on my feet and went out and mowed it. It really cleaned it up. I got a lot of the leaves mulched up. It has never gotten up past 73 degrees today. I mowed when it was 61 degrees.

More even later...

Leslie called me and asked me to go to Bartlesville with her. Naturally I jumped at the chance. We had a nice visit and she had some errands to run. We got home a little after 3:00PM.

I dropped by Nancy's after I read the Reporter and did the crossword puzzle and took her the Reporter and some more of those mini blueberry muffins and the recipe for the casserole dish Suzanne sent me. I stayed and visited awhile.

Then later, I watched some TV and finally took my bath at 7:00PM.  I stayed up until 9:00PM but I had a had a big day so I went on to bed then,

I found this on my daughter-in-law, Ginger's facebook page. I laughed so hard I nearly choked!

Image may contain: text


susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I got a good chuckle out of the instructions for washing the cat, by The Dog.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! I chuckled all the way through it.