Friday, December 20, 2019

Friday and a Funeral Trip

I am going with Vivian and Leslie to the funeral of Kenny Wilson. Kenny was our Mission Center's treasurer. He was only 56 when he had a heart attack and died. Leslie worked with him on the Campground's committee.

I slept very well last night and got up a little after 5:00AM. I had gone to bed around 8:30PM and had plenty of sleep. I dressed and have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my Chai. I also fed four cats ...two of them are growing up kittens.

I am also doing my one load of laundry. I still have over an hour to get it dry.

Tomorrow I will make my peanut clusters and try to find some Christmas tins to pack them in for friends.  I will also take some out to John and Leslie's for our gift exchange at 11:00AM on Tuesday.  I will make up some cranberry bread for that occasion too and I will take my apple cider out too. After we have our gift exchange, Jeromy's family will leave for Topeka for Marlene's family Christmas.  I plan to go to "Just Us" over at Cherryvale for my Christmas meal. I have made my reservation there. Leslie is on call this Christmas. Bob A and Joanne and Joanne's daughter, Nancy are going to "Just Us" too. I will drive over to Joanne's and we will all go together.

More later...

I drove out to Leslie's at 7:30AM and  we drove over to Opolus to pick up Vivian  to go to Nevada to  Kenny's funeral. There were about 900 people there at that huge Baptist church and it was the best funeral I had ever attended ...if any funeral can be said to be "best".  It was very tastefully done and the funeral sermon was mostly about Kenny. He was extremely well loved by the entire community and was only 56 years old. and had had a fatal heart attack last week. After the funeral, there was a very large dinner at the Country Club there. Many of those people attended that too.

We got back late and were all very exhausted. I went to bed earlier then usual. I read for awhile after I had my bath and put away the clothes from the dryer and then went to bed at 8:30PM

No comments: