Monday, December 2, 2019

Monday and My Birthday

This is my 84th birthday and considering that,  I am in pretty good shape.

I slept poorly last night and got up even earlier then usual. I ate my oatmeal and had my coffee and then discovered a couple of cats and a kitten waiting for cat food. I fed them and worked on the blog after breakfast. I had not blogged for a couple of days.

Suzanne is taking me to lunch today over at Copan. Leslie contacted me last night to see if I had any plan for my birthday. A couple of days ago, Suzanne asked me the same question and I did not have a plan at that time so she asked me if she could take me to lunch for my birthday. I thought that was really nice of her and said yes. So I told Leslie about it and asked her if she wanted to join us.  She will do that.

As it turned out, Leslie called me this morning to tell me she had a terrible cold (I could sure tell that by her voice)  and had probably better stay away from Suzanne and me. So it turned out that only Suzanne and I went to lunch. We had a great lunch and she bought me a piece of pie too. Then we went in to Bartlesville so she could buy groceries.

I went to the post office to buy stamps and Scott called to wish me a Happy Birthday.  My kids are so good about staying in touch.

John made me one of his oil paintings of a rooster for my birthday and Leslie gave me some really cute Christmas decorations and they gave me a neat card.  I hung the painting in my dining room. That adjoins the kitchen where I have my chicken collection. I set the Christmas decorations out for additional decoration. They are very cute.

This is the picture John painted for me. He is very talented.

 No photo description available.


I stripped my bed and remade it and did the laundry this morning too.

More later...right now I am watching the news.

Suzanne came at 11:30AM and we went down to Copan to the restaurant there and had beans and cornbread for lunch. Suzanne bought me a piece of pie and I took it out in a box for later.

Then we went into Bartlesville to see her sister., Judy, and also to go to Walmart so Suzanne could buy  groceries. She buys most of her  groceries there at the Bartlesville Walmart. They have a great selection.

My older son, Keith, just called to wish me a Happy Birthday. 

It is 3:30PM now and I will work on this blog and not eat anything else for awhile.  I am still very full.

More later...

I took my leaf vacuum out and vacuumed up that pile of leaves piled up next to my garage door..

Then I watched TV and played solitaire until 9:00PM but then I was just exhausted and went on to bed. I recorded "Bull" and will watch it tomorrow morning. 

6 comments:

marlu said...

Happy Birthday! I admire all you do and wish I were as active!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you so much,gals!!!

Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Margie! Hope you had a fun day.

Galla Creek said...

I love the painting. John is very talented.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Happy Birthday! I liked the chicken painting. Maybe sometime, if you have a chance, it would sure be fun to see pictures of your kitchen chicken collection. I have a chicken collection in my kitchen, too.

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Susie and others Thanks for the good wishes and right now, Susie, I have put away the chickens and have decorated everything for Christmas. After Christmas I will get everything back out and post some photos of it. It was a great 84th birthday!