Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday and No Plan for the Day

I slept well although my right arm woke me up hurting at 4:00AM or so. I got up and took my thyroid med and wen back to bed and turned over on the other side. Then I was able to get back to sleep. I got up about 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai and fed the three cats that showed up for breakfast. It was the same three that showed up for supper last night. I don't know what has happened to the four younger gray cats. I haven't seen them in some time.

I don't have anything planned for today. Mondays are usually pretty dull. I will probably read another of my library books. I might break down and get a battery put in my watch but I doubt it. That would entail another trip to Coffeyville or Independence Walmart stores and I will be in Coffeyville on Wednesday already for my hair appointment.

More later...so

I went over the Nancy's about 10:30AM to take the Consumer's Report Health newsletter to her and return her vase. At first she didn't answer the door but as I was walking back to my car, she came to the door in her nightgown, slippers and robe. She looked disheveled. She had been lying on the couch about half awake and very disoriented. I got her an appointment with the PA there in Caney and called Dale, her cousin. He came right in to see her and tried to convince her that it was just the pain from her arthritics that was disorienting her. She thought she had had a stroke or at least a mini stroke because she felt so confused. I am not sure what her problem was but he seemed to think it was her "Alzheimer's Disease".  She may have a little dementia but she definitely does not have Alzheimer's Disease. My sister had that and died of it and Nancy has none of the classic symptoms. He gave her her morning meds and I made her some toast to eat after that.

After he left I stayed awhile and visited but then came back home to have my lunch. I warmed up the fish from yesterday but was not too impressed with it. I ate a little but threw away what I couldn't eat.

I think I will start another of my library books...More later.... 

I read until bedtime at 8:30PM. I just recorded "Bull" and will watch it tomorrow. 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It's a good thing that you had stopped by your friend Nancy's place when you did. I wonder if she may have been having a low or high blood sugar problem. I hope everything will be alright with her.

Margie's Musings said...

I learned it was probably stress. Her cousin came and told me about her last week.
Her son is determined to have her put in a nursing home eventually. I told her cousin that if she was in agreement, that could be seen as elder abuse.

Margie's Musings said...

Correction: "NOT in agreement".