Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night and I got up about 5:45AM. I dressed and had my breakfast and then checked out the cats. All three were out there. Mama cat, Big Yellow Tom and young yellow. So I took out the divided dish and the two blue bowls, They ate all they wanted and disappeared. I will go out and get the bowls in a minute.

I had asked Leslie about Raven's progress. Raven is Leslie's sweet little Corgi. The Blue Heeler , Octavia, had attacked her and really hurt her and in fact had torn her ball joint on one of her legs. They only noticed it when they saw Raven limping on that leg and took her to the vet. He x-rayed her leg and saw the terrible damage. He sent her to take Raven to Tulsa to a surgeon for a surgery on the leg. That surgery didn't work out well as the joint appeared to be shattered so she has had another surgery in hopes of getting it repaired with a pin.  She must have spent a fortune on that surgeon. If I were them, I would get rid of that Blue Heeler as soon as she has her pups weaned. They are due in February. They had thought the last time Raven was injured last year that a coyote had got her but after this time, they realized it was Octavia that had torn her up that time too.

More later...

I went by Nancy's this morning to see if she wanted to go to Independence with me and she was still in her nightgown and had been sleeping on the sofa. She was sick to her stomach and also aching all over from her arthritis. She was not up to going.

Then after that I went to the library here in Caney. I was telling the librarian how much I enjoyed the blackberries I had got from the Food Pantry and she gave me three more packages of them. She can't eat them. I put them in my frig and will fix them later.  I will take the veggies to Bob tomorrow morning and he can put them on the "free" table at Sycamore Landing. They will use them.

I went up to Independence to do some shopping that Johnna wanted us to start, I bought two washcloths and two bars of soap at Dollar Tree. Then I went over to Big Cheese and had a personal pan pizza. It had been quite awhile since I had had one. Afterwards I went out to Dairy Queen and had a small blizzard.

Then I came back home to Caney. I will read if I can stay awake long enough.  I am pretty drowsy So more later....

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath and read again until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.i

No comments: