Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday and Church

I woke up about 5:45AM this morning and got myself ready for church and had my oatmeal and coffee and chai. Then I started the coffee cake for church. After I got it in the oven, I fed two cats that came for their breakfast. They were gray mama cat and the young yellow cat. None of the others showed up.

After the coffee cake was finished. I waited for it to cool and then iced it, did the dishes and put the frozen cake for Tuesday in the car. Then I went on to church.

We all noticed that we had the new air conditioner installed for the east side of the church and then later had church school class going after everyone had their coffee cake.

After church school, I put the leftover coffee cake into plastic bags and put that in my car for Kelly. I didn't want anyone taking it into the sanctuary to eat it. Last week one of our number did that. He sat on the front row and ate coffee cake in church during the service. I thought that was not a good thing to do.

We had a pretty good attendance this morning.

After church, eight of us went up to Great China for lunch. I brought enough home for tomorrow.

I will do my newsletters and then watch the playoffs on TV.

So more later...

The Chiefs won the playoff and will go to the Super bowl on Sunday. I missed the last few moments of the game. One of my classmates called and wanted to chat. He was only going to take a few moments of my time but instead took a lot more. While we were visiting, he mentioned he had not received the newsletter. His wife is 75 and probably didn't care about downloading it or printing it off. So I printed off a copy for him and printed off an envelope and put it out on the mailbox with the flag up. It won't go out until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

I just finished watched 60 Minutes.

Now it's 7:00PM and I will go take my bath and then watch something else....perhaps.

I did...

I watched a few of the programs I had recorded until I finally just went on to bed at 8:30PM.


2 comments:

Kay said...

Have a wonderful week, Margie and stay warm.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Kay! You too!