Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Wednesday and New Year's Day

I went to bed as usual last night..about 9:00PM. Then at midnight, I heard a huge explosion that woke me up! Someone in the neighborhood shot off a large gun...several times. Then someone very close by shot off a lot of fireworks. It took me awhile to get back to sleep. However, I did sleep until 5:30AM  which is later then usual.

I had my usual oatmeal and coffee and Chai for breakfast. I opened the front door at 6:00AM and two cats were waiting for their breakfast. It was mama cat and the yellow Tom cat. I think the younger ones are scared off after I had to catch the one in an afghan . that ran into my apartment a couple of days ago. He/she must have told the other kittens about it's horrible experience and scared them off. :)


I watched the news this morning and then went out to Dollar General to get a few things,,some cat food, some Trix and some small paper plates for the coffeecake I serve at church. I wasn't sure they would be open since this is January 1st of 2020...but they were. There was a sign on the door saying they were open every day.

More later...I am watching CBS news.

I watched a recorded video called "Wonder Boy". Then I called Nancy to see if she wanted to go down to Bartlesville and drive around and see what all was open on New Years Day. She was delighted to go. We walked around T J Maxx and just looked around. We didn't buy a thing. I showed her where we used to live down there on Wayside Drive. Then after wandering around Bartlesville for awhile, we came back home. I asked her if she wanted some ice cream and she was game. So we went out to the Sonic at Caney and had a small milk shake.

Then I took her home and came home myself. I haven't had much to do today so I just dinged around with Nancy. Tomorrow I will clean the apartment. I do that each Thursday.

More later....

I  watched TV  most of the evening and when I went out to feed the two cats, I found the cat bowl was gone. I got out two of the little blue ones I used for the kittens but the little black two bowl bowl, was gone. I walked around the yard and looked for it but it was gone. I will go back out to Dollar General and buy another. The little mama cat always prefers it. :)

About 7:00PM, I took my bath and at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.


1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Laurie! Happy New Year to you too!!