Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday and Rain Forecast

As usual, I slept off and on last night. My arm hurt and most of the night so I laid it on a pillow. That's the only way I could have slept at all.

All  I have to do today is vacuum the dining room and den.  I will also dust again. It's supposed to rain this afternoon. I only have a book on my phone. The last time I got a free book, my Kindle battery was down. So it downloaded on my phone Kindle app instead. I get a free book every month because of my Amazon Prime.

Once again I did not get my Montgomery County Chronicle e-newspaper. I noticed it last night and e-mailed Kathy again but she was already out of the office and did not see my e-mail. Maybe she will this morning. She was supposed to have checked to see why I did not get it last week but evidently did not get it fixed because again this week I did not get it.

I had three cats outside to eat breakfast this morning. There were two gray ones and one yellow one.  Only one of the yellow ones are still eating. It is Big Yellow Tom cat.

More later....The CBS news is about to come on and I want to watch that.

I watched the news and then called Cox because my e-edition of my Montgomery County Chronicle still didn't come for the second time . Kathy forwarded me one last week but then it happened again this week and the paper said they had checked and it wasn't their problem  so it had to be Cox...sure enough it was.  They said they fixed it and hopefully I will get my own paper next Thursday. ( I was on hold with Cox for 38 minutes) When they attempted to connect me with Cox Complete Care, They dropped my number. So I reached them on my own.  What a mess! Cox is a joke. Cox Complete Care is a blessing though.

I went out to Sonic and bought their sale priced Wacky Pack for my lunch (two chicken strips and an order of Tater Tots with a small coke for $1.99...with a small toy) You can't beat that!

The mail finally came..an hour late....

My brother-in-law Bob called me with good news. The mass on his kidney was very old and not malignant at all. It had been there for years and years. ...perhaps forever. I was very happy to hear that and I imagine his girls were too. The boys...., both of them,,,,ignore him.  Joanne, his girl friend, was also delighted.

More later....

I guess the weather people are having a time forecasting the weather. We have bright sunshine and no rain yet. It is 1:00PM so far...no rain.

More even later...

Well I know I need more exercise for sure. I walked up five blocks to the post office and five blocks back and was exhausted when I got back home. .l am really out of shape from sitting and reading all afternoon all winter. I will need to do that every day for awhile to work up my stamina again. I could take a nap now and I don't take naps.

I never did get the rest of my housework finished either. John, my son in law, was going to deliver one of the cowboy Gorgi puppies to Tulsa this afternoon but the buyer decided he would meet him tomorrow or Sunday instead. That's probably best. I understand from the Tulsa news that they had a lot of huge hail in that area...some as big as tennis balls that even broke out car windows.  I thought he might like someone to go along with him and hold the puppy so it would not be frightened. We will see if John wants that. Leslie is on call this weekend and can't go.

I took my bath about 7:00PM and watched some programs I had recorded. Around 9:00PM I will go on to bed.


2 comments:

Kay said...

I finally almost got a good night's sleep and then a &^%$# scammer called at 4:45 this morning and woke me up. So annoying!

My new Paperwhite's battery kept dying so I had to return it for a replacement.

Margie's Musings said...

How disgusting!