Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday and No Church

There will be no church today. Our church's congregations have all closed until the corona virus danger is over...whenever that will be. Their first target was Easter and now they are saying May. They are shooting for May but it may be even later. No one knows for sure. This is a whole new ball game.

I slept well last night with my right arm on a pillow.

I have had my breakfast, coffee and dressed. Now I am having my Chai Latte.

I just texted Bob and he is up too. Tomorrow is his second MRI at 10:00AM and this time they will scan just his kidneys. They hope to figure out what the mass on his kidney is.

I will probably read or watch TV again today. I have several movies on Amazon Prime that I have bought over the years. I may watch another one of those.

The weather channel says it is raining here. I think it is.

I opened the door and looked out front and there were two gray cats waiting for their breakfast. The area right outside my front door has an overhang so their food will stay dry and so will they. Now I see one of the yellow cats is now out there and it is the large Tom cat.  And now the young yellow cat is out there too. I hope they will share that food. It seems to be rather peaceful out there right now. I know they are all wet and hungry.

More later....

I got my congregational newsletter finished and in e-mail for those with e-mail and hard copies for those with no e-mail.

Then I tried to find an online church service. I tried Jonesboro but really wanted to watch Toronto again. Unfortunately,I couldn't find their live service.

So I missed church.

More later....

I did find their video site right after it ran live. It was a very good service. The speaker was very good and the service was well planned. John presided and Michael played the piano beautifully.

I felt like I had been to church except for the lack of a congregation.

I started going through my file cabinet this afternoon and shredding unimportant stuff I have been collecting for years. Maybe while I am house bound this month  I can get that done. That way the kids won't have such a mess to go through when I am gone.

I wanted to watch 60 Minutes but the Oklahoma governor went over the situation in their state and preempted the entire program. Maybe I can find it on Amazon Prime tomorrow morning. That happened once before and I watched the episode I missed the next morning on Amazon Prime,

I hope to be able to watch "Bull" tomorrow night at 9:00PM if that governor doesn't take over that program too. He is so full of himself and not the brightest star in the sky either.

I want to strip my bed in the morning and wash my sheets before Leslie comes. She is bringing lunch and is going to climb into my attic to find the speakers to my desktop computer. If she can't find them I may buy some more. It depends on how much they cost.

I had three cats come for dinner and then they got into a fight over the food. There is plenty of food for all of them...greedy little creatures.

More later...

I played solitaire until 9:00PM, when I went on to bed.




3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I did not write of it.
I was trying to walk and eat healthy. At the walking trail
They smashed windows and stole my purse and my daughter’s.
Police called. Checks stolen, dr. License, ss card, debit card,
3 credit cards. It is just horrible. Got stuff cancelled etc. but
I have no debit card yet. No Medicare card. No way to explain
How bad it was.

Kay said...

I'm glad you're staying safe, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

That's terrible, Sister-Three. That happened to my daughter, Leslie, one time too. She went to the fir and locked her purse in the back of her SUV. They broke the window and took everything. Now if she puts her purse in her SUV, she puts it under the place beneath the bottom of the trunk. There is a lace just for that in this SUV.

So far, Kay, I am staying safe. I am bored stiff but am safe. I spent part of this afternoon shredding old documents in my file cabinet. I hope to get through it while I am house bound.