Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday and Severe Weather

I woke up to thunder, lightening and rain  at 5:00AM. I slept pretty well even though the arm was pretty sore all night. I laid it on a pillow again and managed to get some sleep.

I haven't seen any cats but with all the noise of thunder and lightning and hard rain, I would have been surprised if any of them braved the storm. Two did eventually manage to make it after the rain subsided. One was a gray one and the other was the young yellow one.

John intended today to deliver a puppy to Tulsa where he was meeting someone from Texas who wanted to buy it. I doubt he will try it today...perhaps tomorrow. Parts of the Tulsa area had baseball sized hail...big enough to break out car windows. I saw that on the channel 6 news.

I have had my oatmeal, coffee and Chai. I even had a breakfast bar.

More later....

Bob called me  this morning to say he had taken Joanne to the emergency room last night  and the emergency room put Joanne in the hospital with pneumonia.  She has lung problems anyhow without pneumonia. She is very short of breath all the time. He is quite concerned.

I am sending her a card today and if they keep her several days I may send her flowers.

I also sent off updated newsletters to all those who are not online as well as those who are online. We are still not holding live services in our building. We are still able to get a streaming congregation in Toronto, Canada, that is online.  They have a very professional sounding service and I know the pastor there personally.

More even later...

I went out to John and Leslie's this morning to see the puppies before they are all dispersed. Leslie was gone. She was on call and they called her in. John thinks they have most all of them sold and will need to be delivered. Two were supposed to go today and another tomorrow to Tulsa to meet the folks from Texas and then he will take three more next week to Wichita and Hays. The one of the owners of the two that will be going to Hays will be meeting him halfway to Colorado at Hays. That leaves one left, I guess.

I had one of my chicken pot pies for lunch with cranberry grape juice.  

Toni,my beautician, called me this afternoon. Monday, the state is shutting down her beauty parlor and she wondered if I would like to have my color and cut done tomorrow at 11:00AM.  My regular appointment was to have been next Wednesday at 9:30AM . I told her I could do that (since the worldwide church is shut down now anyhow because of concerns about the Coronavirus) but I guess I will have to try to do my own hair until this crisis passes since she says this virus is shutting everything down here in Kansas on Monday. That will be a joke. My hair has always been impossible for me to do anything with,

I withdrew some money today for that. Blue Cross/Blue Shield and two of my utilities are still to come out of what I have left in the bank. I will have to transfer some money out of my small savings in order to pay the rent until April 8th, when my social security comes in next. At least that is almost a week earlier then the last two months. After the social security comes in, I will transfer it back into savings.

More later... It's time for the 4;00PM news.

I heard from Bob this afternoon that they are releasing Joanne to go home tomorrow. That's good! They must have got right on that treatment for pneumonia.  

It's 6:15 PM now and John just texted me that they have sold the last puppy. That's seven puppies. And folks are coming to pick them up.  Maybe he will still have to go to Wichita and Hays. I forgot to ask. I just texted him to ask. Yes, they will go on Monday to deliver those three. One goes to Wichita and the other two to Hays. From there the new owners will take them on to Colorado.

I see Big Yellow Tom cat is back eating supper from the double dish. He's the only one out there right now so I have not added any blue dishes of food.

In about 45 minutes I will take my bath. Then at 9:00PM or so, I plan to go on to bed.


3 comments:

pat m said...

I hope they test her for the virus.

Kay said...

I cut everybody’s hair in our house including my own so we’ll be OK for the duration. Almost everything is shut down in our state too.

Margie's Musings said...

Maybe that will give me an excuse to come back to Hawaii. You could cut my hair! :)