Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tuesday and Rain

I woke up early this morning to thunder and pouring down rain. I slept until  6:00AM though. That's late for me.

I have dressed and had my oatmeal, coffee and Chai Latte.

I had two cats here wanting their breakfast this morning. They evidently have had their fill and are gone now. One was a scruffy looking gray cat and the other one of the yellow cats...probably the half grown yellow cat that belongs to mama cat and big yellow Tom.

The rain has stopped for now.

I have nothing in particular going today. I did laundry yesterday and will go to Coffeyville tomorrow for my hair appointment if Toni is still open. I will also go out to Woodshed and fill my gas tank and go to their Walmart for Chai. and a plug for my kitchen sink. It will not hold water.

I heard from Dean yesterday. He and Rod are doing fine. He also helps a 90 year old man who, I think, is a doctor. Dean has a good heart.

More later....

The rain has stopped and the sun is shining brightly! I am so glad! I had hoped to mow today but after all that rain, it will have to wait..

I guess I will eat one of my chicken pot pies I got from Schwan's some time back. That's what I will have for lunch.

I have been watching the CBS news but I think I will just read for awhile. I have been reading a book called "The Age of the Spirit"  by Phyllis Tickle and another called "The Underground Church" by Robin Meyers. I am 3/4 of the way through both. I really hope the library will re-open  soon because I miss my murder mysteries.

I finished "The  Age of the Spirit" and now am working on "The Underground Church".

I went out to trim the grass around the apartment but my trimmer needs recharging before I can finish. I was going to mow as soon as the grass is dry but my back is sore today and I asked the girls that mowed it in August to mow for me this week. Krystal Vanatta has three girls and one of them will do it tomorrow afternoon.

Bob still has not heard from the doctor about the results of his MRI yesterday.  That is so disgusting to me.  The doctor was to have had the results of the test yesterday afternoon.  The mass on one of his kidneys could be something fatal if not treated quickly.

More even later...

5 comments:

P2P said...

Hi Margie -- I've followed you on your blog for several years and am growing increasingly concerned that you are out and about so much in the midst of the spread of Covid-19. While Kansas reports only 84 known cases, the epidemiologists say that there are likely 8400 cases in Kansas -- but not diagnosed. That increases your chances of contracting this disease exponentially. If you go out, please use latex gloves or antiseptic wipes at the gas station, when handling money or change from purchases, etc. Wash your hands like its a new religion -- and most of all, stay home and away from people and surfaces they have touched if you possibly can.

Wishing you health and many more years of blogging

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, P2P for your concern. I do have gloves to wear when I get gas and only go to the market when I need something important....like food or cleaning supplies or over the counter meds.

Thank you for following the blog.

pat m said...

But you still get your hair done and go the library...all dangerous activities...in Washington I live in a facility that is practicing social distance...which means the dining room is closed and all meals are delivered. No visitors or families are allowed unless a resident is on hospice.

I go outside to walk my dog but stay away 6 feet from anyone..our staff gets their temp taken before going to work.

As a result no resident has been sick....

Margie's Musings said...

The library is closed so I won't be going there at all.

Kay said...

It's raining over here on Oahu too. However, I did get a load of laundry done. Yay!