Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday and Rain

When I woke up this morning it was pouring down rain. I got up about 5:30AM. My arm hurt a lot last night and my sleep was spotty. I have no idea what set it off. I vacuumed yesterday but I used my left arm. I guess it's just the mileage.

I haven't looked to see if there are any cats out there.  With the rain, if I tried to take food out there, mama cat would try to come in the apartment. She always tries to sneak in and with my past experience, that is a disaster.....so I will wait.

Oh, oh! I just heard a couple of cats quarreling out there. I have no idea how I could feed them without them trying to come in the apartment.

I checked on the cats and they were all gone...without breakfast.  Evidently their fight ran them both/all off. Maybe they will be back this evening for supper.

I don't know if Nancy will be well enough to come for lunch today. If she isn't, I will just eat by myself again. That's what I did yesterday. The chili was good. I will probably just eat my pie too this time and then I can take Nancy's chili and pie to her after the  rain stops.

I have dressed and had my breakfast. I fixed my strawberries last night and I will use some of them for smoothies. I had a small dish plain last night. I will probably just stay in today and read. I finished my first book before I went to bed last night. I still have two more to read.

I watched the news and then began working on three more directories for our congregation. I ran out of ink cartridge on the second page so I have put it away. I am supposed to get new ink cartridges from Amazon tomorrow so that can wait. And since we are not holding church for awhile thanks to the coronavirus, there is no rush. I just knew the last four had been picked up off the foyer table by folks who had an old directory and wanted an updated one.

I called Nancy awhile ago and she is feeling fine today and is going to come over for that lunch at noon. That's good. Otherwise I was going to take hers to her for her to eat when she was better.

More later...

Nancy came over at 11:45AM and we had the chili and the pecan pie. We both thoroughly enjoyed both. She stayed all afternoon and then had to go to try to find out where her father-in-law is now that he has died.  They put him in some kind of cold storage while his family looks for his insurance. They have just kind of left all this to Nancy and she doesn't need the problem but was going to call Potts  Funeral Home in Independence to see if they have his body.

I read awhile after she left. Then this evening I had an ice cream bar.

Bob called me. He is having an MRI on Wednesday and an epidural and then he has another doctor's appointment on Friday. I called his daughter, Diana, since she was good about texting me her thanks for helping keep track of her dad. He has been in a lot of pain today and was over to Joanne's after his appointment. He has spinal stenosis.

I am watching the CBS news now. In a little bit I will read until 7:00PM when I take my bath and then "Bull" when it comes on at 9:00PM.

The small yellow cat came by just now and so I put the food out for him/her. The others may be around soon to see if I will be feeding them supper. They all missed breakfast due to the rain.

I will be taking the three cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church tomorrow. He is certainly not up to it. Bob is not even up to baking and icing his cake so we will only have three cakes unless I bake another one.

More later....

No comments: